Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Was told I'm being served. Then told I need to act like a lady.

The last post in this topic was posted 855 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Got a call today and was told he works at the county processors office and he has had two failed attempts trying to serve me. I already knew (Ok pretty sure) it was BS because he gave me my maiden name and I've not been that for 11 years now and never in this state. The sheriff's office handles process serving for our area and it's 1 officer that does it. He also knows me and knows how to get in contact with me so doubtful there was two failed attempts. Then the guy started to say it's time to start taking responsibility for my actions and now is the time. That's when I told him to eff off and hung up.

He called back....

Answered the phone and his words were "You need to act like a lady and grow up." I told him nope and good luck.

Now I'm not too worried but it's annoying that this guy can call and harass me for a debt that is at least 11 years old. When I pressed to get info on the creditor he wouldn't give me anything. I got married in WA state in 2007 and then moved to VA in 2010 where I've remained.

Got a call today and was told he works at the county processors office and he has had two failed attempts trying to serve me. I already knew (Ok pretty sure) it was BS because he gave me my maiden name and I've not been that for 11 years now and never in this state. The sheriff's office handles process serving for our area and it's 1 officer that does it. He also knows me and knows how to get in contact with me so doubtful there was two failed attempts. Then the guy started to say it's time to start taking responsibility for my actions and now is the time. That's when I told him to eff off and hung up.

He called back....

Answered the phone and his words were "You need to act like a lady and grow up." I told him nope and good luck.

Now I'm not too worried but it's annoying that this guy can call and harass me for a debt that is at least 11 years old. When I pressed to get info on the creditor he wouldn't give me anything. I got married in WA state in 2007 and then moved to VA in 2010 where I've remained.

Yup, sounds bogus. Technically, a debt collector can continue to collect, but they have to follow the laws, and this dude didn't. Was there any indication what company he was claiming was going to "sue" you?

report the phone # to the State AG and the FTC as a Scam collection call

google FTC + fake debt collectors

they get enough complaints, they go after these guys in court for Wire fraud, make them return all the money, seize their assets ( cars homes ) and throw them in jail

in some cases, they've made them file financial updates / tax returns for 20 years afterwards to prove they own no collection business.

https://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=572654

https://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=580904

https://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=605352

https://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=605357

The last post in this topic was posted 855 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.