Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

If you have an Alliant credit card on autopay, check your bank account

The last post in this topic was posted 963 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Danman20h:

"On the phone with them now - yep, this has impacted EVERYONE with automatic payments.

I just gave them my member number and they were reversing one of the charges. They stated it should take 1 to 2 business days to post."

Kind of misleading.

I'm set to automatic payments.

None of my payments were duplicated.

Though from a technical point of view... I never allow a balance to carry over. Which, by default, eliminates the "automatic" payment trigger.

I think they did all those people paying the minimum a favor. They'll never notice the missing dew dollars but it will go straight to principal.

I think they did all those people paying the minimum a favor. They'll never notice the missing dew dollars but it will go straight to principal.

^^^^LOL

Thanks for the heads up. Was just approved for a Visa card with them, it has yet to arrive in the mail. When it does, I think I'll just pay manually based on this advice. Never had any issue with an auto-pay double-deducting, but this certainly sounds like a nasty glitch, especially if you have a very large payment due.

I've had an Alliant CC for 14 months or so.

The first two months they biffed the rewards.

If you pay your CC bill from an outside institution they hold the funds for 5-10 days (your bill is paid but credit line not cleared).

If you pay your CC via a check, they deposit to your share account, then transfer to the CC. But the holds on the check make the system show that your share account is overdrawn by $20K until then. And your CC credit line isn't cleared.

Alliant's online portal is horrible.

Alliant sucks caulk as far as I am concerned.

Edited by Konrad2012

Unfortunately, not really, since they'll reverse the payment, restoring funds to original payment account.

Thanks for the heads up. Was just approved for a Visa card with them, it has yet to arrive in the mail. When it does, I think I'll just pay manually based on this advice. Never had any issue with an auto-pay double-deducting, but this certainly sounds like a nasty glitch, especially if you have a very large payment due.

Meh, in the email it states that Alliant will make it right, presumably reimbursing those who had any fees incurred. Doubt that I'll bother to change autopay settings, for now at least...don't use it much, in any case.

Edited by virtualtreasure

^^^^LOL

Unfortunately, not since they'll reverse the payment, restoring funds to original payment account.

Hey you... long time no see :wave:

The Alliant portal is a mixed bag. It is ugly and outdated looking, but has a decent budgeting tool that can link to other institutions. The mobile app is much more updated looking and I haven't run into any issues depositing checks with it.

It sounds like the way they apply to credit card payments is bizarre. Seems ridiculously complex and prone to bugs. Going to have to keep a close eye on it.

Unfortunately, not really, since they'll reverse the payment, restoring funds to original payment account.

Meh, in the email it states that Alliant will make it right, presumably reimbursing those who had any fees incurred. Doubt that I'll bother to change autopay settings, for now at least...don't use it much, in any case.

Hey you... long time no see :wave:

Howdy partner B)

Edited by virtualtreasure

I wrote a nasty post on CB about auto payment issue yesterday. But then remembered Lincoln hot letters and discarded my post without submitting. :-)

But, the reasons they gave me when I inquired via secure message kept changing. Finally, at exactly 6:00 PM, I got a secure message that they had duplicate payment transactions systemwide and they are going to fix the payment issue soon. However, in my case it was my actual last (auto) payment was reversed. So, it looked like I did not make a payment.

This is why I track my transactions in Mint and Personal Capital.

Edited by credit_help

I've had an Alliant CC for 14 months or so.

The first two months they biffed the rewards.

If you pay your CC bill from an outside institution they hold the funds for 5-10 days (your bill is paid but credit line not cleared).

If you pay your CC via a check, they deposit to your share account, then transfer to the CC. But the holds on the check make the system show that your share account is overdrawn by $20K until then. And your CC credit line isn't cleared.

Alliant's online portal is horrible.

Alliant sucks caulk as far as I am concerned.

Have you tried US Bank account management? :-)

My DW had them on auto pay when she first got her card last fall.

They are supposed to take the payment a few days before the due date.

They took it 10 days before.

Wasn't in the mood for that bull$hit so she cancelled auto pay.

The last post in this topic was posted 963 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.