Sign in to follow this  
sable

All Negatives dropped off of EQ

So, I've been posting the last 6 months about EQ being the one who completely refused to remove any of my 5 negative items. I had success with EX, and TU, I tried multiple Jack Attacks with EQ, CFPB complaints twice on their response and refusal to investigate or correct the wrong information on all of these TL's. I finally gave up on them as they were scheduled to drop off of EQ in late 2018, and TU and EX were now clean. So, I go and refresh my free 3 report on CCT this morning, and the score didn't change much for EQ ( it was around 650, and increased to 672) so I didn't think much. When I clicked on the details... ALL 5 negatives were gone!. Don't know how, or why. It has been a while since I ordered a MyFico, so I went ahead did that to make sure CCT wasn't off. Yep, all still gone. I'm wondering why my scores vary so much EX is at 725 now, TU at 707, and EQ at 672. Almost identical profiles on each one... Anyway, maybe there's hope for some of you others having issues with getting things removed on EQ a little bit early!!, or maybe I just got lucky... either way, I'll take that win.

Thanks

Congrats..... I've been fighting with EQ to get a nearly 7 yr old paid charge off removed a couple months early..... I can't stand talking to outsourced CSR's in India or Pakistan or wherever they are...

I'm wondering why my scores vary so much EX is at 725 now, TU at 707, and EQ at 672. Almost identical profiles on each one... Anyway, maybe there's hope for some of you others having issues with getting things removed on EQ a little bit early!!, or maybe I just got lucky... either way, I'll take that win.

Thanks

Are the bad accounts completely gone, as in removed entirely from the credit report, or are they just cleaned up to appear as good accounts?

If the items are merely cleaned up, you might need to look at the details - sometimes things get overlooked. I had EQ reporting a charge-off a few months ago, but also had a letter from the OC saying the account was in good standing and not charged off. TU and EX fixed the issue very quickly - but it took EQ like 3 or 4 times to get it right. They kept leaving little hints that the account was once delinquent/CO'd in the details.

Some discrepancy in scores is normal between CRAs - but there could also be differences in credit limits, utilization, payment history, etc, hidden in the details.

Congrats on the removals!