Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Medical Collection Help

The last post in this topic was posted 858 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Hello. I look to the illustrious whychat for help. Or anyone who can help, lol. I have 2 Medical bills that were sent to collections. I have received the letters from the CA saying what I owe. I did have insurance at the time of the visits. I talked to the hospital system (OC) some time ago and they said since they have been sent to a CA I have to deal with them. I'll have to check through my records to see if I have a EOMB. These items have not shown up on my credit report yet and would like to get this solved before they do.

Do I follow the HIPPA letter insert a? Thanks for the help.

When was the date of medical service?? If it was very recent and you have checked your EOMBs to make sure that you actually owe the amount claimed, then yes you can pay the OC with the HIPAA letter insert "a".

https://whychat.me/hipltr.html

If the accounts are older than 1 year, then you need to do the whole program.( In either case you should opt out)

https://whychat.me/GUIDEBOOK.html

https://whychat.me/GUIDE%20HIPAA%20PROGRAM.html

https://whychat.me/hipaadisp.html

Hello WhyChat. The dates are 5/06/2017 and 05/26/2017. I did check the EOMB and what they say I owe is correct.

I am still a little confused on which letter I send out first. The, HIPAA LETTER - LETTER TO HEALTH CARE PROVIDER goes out second correct? What goes first?

Thanks for the help.

Edited by renken70

Hello WhyChat. The dates are 5/06/2017 and 05/26/2017. I did check the EOMB and what they say I owe is correct.

I am still a little confused on which letter I send out first. The, HIPAA LETTER - LETTER TO HEALTH CARE PROVIDER goes out second correct? What goes first?

Thanks for the help.

It has been almost a year since your dates of medical service and the CA is just NOW contacting you??

Did you check your records and see if you paid anything by check or credit card at the time of medical service towards the deductible??

EXACTLY what are you looking at on your EOMB that makes you believe the amount you owe is correct??

You should be seeing billed amount, allowed amount, paid amount and a balance indicating patient responsibility you may be billed for.

In your case if it is NOT on your reports, even if you believe the amount is correct you should send the CA the medical DV first;

https://whychat.me/ltrcavalhipaa.html

(after following the initial steps)

No, not the first letter I received. I've just put dealing with it off for a while, lazy like.

Yes, it shows what I am responsible for. There is the Amount Billed, Covered Amount, What my plan paid, and then Coinsurance - what I owe. The amount is not a whole lot but I would rather settle it with the Hospital. But they said I can't because they sent it to a CA.

It is not on my reports.

Edited by renken70

No, not the first letter I received. I've just put dealing with it off for a while, lazy like.

Yes, it shows what I am responsible for. There is the Amount Billed, Covered Amount, What my plan paid, and then Coinsurance - what I owe. The amount is not a whole lot but I would rather settle it with the Hospital. But they said I can't because they sent it to a CA.

It is not on my reports.

I strongly urge you to FIRST send the medical DV to the CA.

It may be that the CA who contacted you is the SAME CA that this "not a whole lot" account was assigned to, or it may also be that the OC originally assigned it to a different CA and they sold/transferred the account to another CA. Unless you are in Mass. there would be no reason for it not to be on your reports by now.

In your case if it is NOT on your reports, even if you believe the amount is correct you should send the CA the medical DV first;

https://whychat.me/ltrcavalhipaa.html

(after following the initial steps)

Help!! I am confused! I have an old medical bill that is on my credit . The actual date of service was from the year 2011 maybe 2012. It appears on my credit as : Placed for collection 04/01/2015 *** Estimated month and year this item will be removed 11/2019

I have a colleague that does credit repair. In our discussion, I told him I was going to pay it and he said do NOT pay it. He is 90% sure he can have it removed permanently. He did mention a company called privacy guard. But did not go into detail. He has a credible repair business. But i was just wandering if this sounded legitimate.

Help!! I am confused! I have an old medical bill that is on my credit . The actual date of service was from the year 2011 maybe 2012. It appears on my credit as : Placed for collection 04/01/2015 *** Estimated month and year this item will be removed 11/2019

I have a colleague that does credit repair. In our discussion, I told him I was going to pay it and he said do NOT pay it. He is 90% sure he can have it removed permanently. He did mention a company called privacy guard. But did not go into detail. He has a credible repair business. But i was just wandering if this sounded legitimate.

Please start your own thread. All advice given here is on an individualized basis. You do not need to go to any credit repair business, just follow the advice you will be given once you start your own thread

Please start your own thread. All advice given here is on an individualized basis. You do not need to go to any credit repair business, just follow the advice you will be given once you start your own thread

Will Do.. Thanks

The last post in this topic was posted 858 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.