Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

AmexED APR REDUCTION WHY?

The last post in this topic was posted 974 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

From 16+ to 9.99. Is there a catch? I almost took it. Hit enroll button then backed out. Thought I needed to consult with my fellow CB'ers first. Not concerned about APRs but low APR beats high APR to death. You never know.

Have you accepted this offer from Amex?

Was the offer from your online account, or elsewhere?

I would take it... just make sure you read the fine print (if there is any).

ETA - The BCE starting APR is 14.24%... this sounds bogus. Or, it's a targeted offer just for you.

Edited by Kat58

Was the offer from your online account, or elsewhere?

I would take it... just make sure you read the fine print (if there is any).

ETA - The BCE starting APR is 14.24%... this sounds bogus. Or, it's a targeted offer just for you.

Yes first thing staring at me when I logged in to my account. There are fine prints but nothing I can't handle

I had an offer like this when I logged in recently. I didn't pause for two seconds to consider it because the APR will never matter.

I on the other hand got a notice that my APR was going from 13.49 to 15.99 because my existing rate was lower than other comparable cards out there for customers with similar credit profiles (823 FICO per their letter )

I on the other hand got a notice that my APR was going from 13.49 to 15.99 because my existing rate was lower than other comparable cards out there for customers with similar credit profiles (823 FICO per their letter )

Wow!

amex SUX

I had an offer like this when I logged in recently. I didn't pause for two seconds to consider it because the APR will never matter.

So you ignored the offer?

Only a fool is going to carry a balance at EITHER of those APR's. APR doesn't matter unless it is a zero percent offer...

So you ignored the offer?

I think I had to click something to make it go away. I didn't accept it, but only because I knew it wouldn't matter.

I don't see a downside.

I'd only worry about my APR being raised. And only because I'd wonder what's wrong with my reports.

AMEX has been throwing out teaser offers to my wife on her OBC.

I got that same notice from Amex, same reason. My FICO per their letter was 848. Same general letter from Chase! Same reason. I don't recall what the Chase APR change entails, don't care. I PIF.

From 16+ to 9.99. Is there a catch? I almost took it. Hit enroll button then backed out. Thought I needed to consult with my fellow CB'ers first. Not concerned about APRs but low APR beats high APR to death. You never know.

Is it for a limited time? As in several months before reverting back to the "standard rate?"

Is it for a limited time? As in several months before reverting back to the "standard rate?"

Yes for 12 months.

Yes for 12 months.

I've gotten them several times on 3 different Amex cards for 6.99%.

There seems to be a cycle... endless upgrade to Platinum offers, BCP offers, lower interest rate for 12 months offers

The last post in this topic was posted 974 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.