Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Chase CC

The last post in this topic was posted 971 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I applied for a chase CC because they offer free FICO monitoring. They said they will send me a letter. I'm going to call them today to check on my app. Found out they hard pull EX and EQ just in case anybody was wondering.

Yeah, hope the monitoring was not the only reason. Also, Chase has a reputation of being a tough card to get.

What do your FICO scores look like? How long is your credit history? The latter will play an especially important decision point.

Good luck.

Yeah, hope the monitoring was not the only reason. Also, Chase has a reputation of being a tough card to get.

What do your FICO scores look like? How long is your credit history? The latter will play an especially important decision point.

Good luck.

https://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=609767&do=findComment&comment=5721709

OP - You need to read more and ask questions before applying for any more credit cards.

I have one store card that is about 20 years old and one capital one CC that i just got in Dec 2017. In the past I was under the impression that no credit was good but I have realized that that is NOT the case. Yes I look at it this way $40 a month for a FICO score for free is a pretty good deal, and it had 1.5% cash back. I know to some that is meaning less. I do have plans to utilize the cards in a strategic way. It has been a full quarter since my last inquiry and I only had 4 in the last two years, so i figured I could at least try. I guess I will continue to read some more.

What Chase credit card has 1.5% cash back and provides a free FICO? Have they started providing a FICO with cards other than the Slate?

The AARP Chase card.

What Chase credit card has 1.5% cash back and provides a free FICO? Have they started providing a FICO with cards other than the Slate?

FWIW, my account has a free FICO and I don't have a Slate. I believe this has been available now for 3 months (or less).

I applied for a chase CC because they offer free FICO monitoring. They said they will send me a letter. I'm going to call them today to check on my app. Found out they hard pull EX and EQ just in case anybody was wondering.

There are better places than Chase to get a free FICO these days.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

There are better places than Chase to get a free FICO these days.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

More importantly, there are options where you don't have to hold a product.

Chase Freedom Unlimited is a good card.

If you're in to travel/ travel rewards OP you should eventually get a Chase Sapphire Reserve to pair with it.

I appreciate all the "there are better places to get a free FICO" comments however nobody has told me anything recently on how to get it with out paying for it or holding a product. Most of the things I have read on this forum are about 10 years old, so I doubt some of it applies today, because things change so often in the finance world. My score is roughly 600 - 640 I was simply looking for another card, so I could maintain a couple cards for awhile all while build my credit back up, the free FICO I thought was cool since it is a $40 product monthly, oh well. Besides if I don't get approved then I will just hang out and let things fall off my report in the next 3 years or so. So far what I have tried is not working for old debt. I am also not in the states as of right now and it makes it harder to get things fixed.

The AARP Chase card.
Where is this at in your account I didn't see a Fico score?

The AARP Chase card.
Where is this at in your account I didn't see a Fico score?

On the right hand side, under the box with rewards information, is a box saying "Your credit score, free score updated weekly" then see your score is in blue and it is a link

I appreciate all the "there are better places to get a free FICO" comments however nobody has told me anything recently on how to get it with out paying for it or holding a product. Most of the things I have read on this forum are about 10 years old, so I doubt some of it applies today, because things change so often in the finance world. My score is roughly 600 - 640 I was simply looking for another card, so I could maintain a couple cards for awhile all while build my credit back up, the free FICO I thought was cool since it is a $40 product monthly, oh well. Besides if I don't get approved then I will just hang out and let things fall off my report in the next 3 years or so. So far what I have tried is not working for old debt. I am also not in the states as of right now and it makes it harder to get things fixed.

Discover scorecard allows you to access for free without a Discover card

Guys -

I cannot believe that no one has chimed in to say that except for the Slate card, Chase's "free credit score" is not a FICO score.

From Chase: "Get your VantageScore® 3.0 credit score powered by TransUnion®.
It's free."

The last time I checked, Discover does provide a true FICO score (Experian FICO 8) and one does not have to hold their card.

Discover scorecard allows you to access for free without a Discover card

Thanks jlplummer, I will look into it.

The last post in this topic was posted 971 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.