Please use the Feedback forum for questions about the upgrade.  We will get to them as quickly as possible.

Sign in to follow this  
Particledropp

I DID IT!!!!!!

When I started my most recent credit repair journey about 2 years ago, my scores where in the mid 500's or less. I couldn't get approved for anything and really almost got the point where I was going to say screw credit, I'll just pay cash for everything. Well, my wife had a different plan for me. She had a mother who taught her about money at an early age and how to properly use credit to her advantage. I saw how easy it was for her to walk in and buy a new car and not have to worry about if she would get approved or not. She got to focus on getting the best deal possible for the options she wanted. It kind of opened my eyes and really helped getting me over this hurdle that has been holding me back in my life.

I have been off and on credit boards over the past 5ish years and knew that if I really wanted to get right then I had to put into action everything I had read on here, so I got to work. I've gotten almost all the baddies off of my reports and just have 2 that will age off in the next year, I've gone from $500 in available credit to over 100k, I've opened accounts with Citi, Capital One, Sync, Barclays, and my new favorite AMEX, I've been able to get a 60k truck at 3% interest rate, I've made back over $5k in points and cashback, and most importantly I've gone from scores in the low to mid 500's to now 700! I hope to keep going and get them all over 700, but to just see that number is proof to me that all my work has been worth it.

Thanks to everyone here who answers questions and puts out good information. I wouldn't have been able to do it without everyone here on CB, so thank you!

Next stop 800!

sY9yoHd.png

giphy.gif

What's the plan from here?

I guess just keep paying my bills on time, ask for CLI's every 6 months or whenever I can, wait for the few baddies to age off, and maybe refinance the house if rates go lower? lol I don't know. Just having the ability to go somewhere and buy something on credit with a good rate is good enough for me right now.