Sign in to follow this  
jshytle

Capital One executive office and goodwill 2 lates-this is what they did

So I had two 30 day lates back in July-Aug 2017 on one of my 3 Cap1 accounts. I used the Cap1 payment tool and got back on track as soon as i could. Current ever since.

Figured I would try and get them goodwilled to current. I initially called and spoke to a rep, who said they would look into it and get back with me on a resolution. Well that didn't work, they sent a letter saying they were accurate blah blah blah.

I figured i had nothing to lose, so i sent a goodwill letter to Cap1 executive offices explaining that i was between jobs and had an account get past due, wife was ill, and had trouble making payments.

I received a letter from the executive offices asking me to call them ( a specific persons phone number and extension), to verify some info, etc. I called, and spoke to the person that sent the letter. I told her the same thing about getting behind, and getting caught back up etc etc. Told her i was happy with Cap1, between my wife and I, we have a 6 Cap1 accounts including a financed vehicle. She says I'll open claim and you will hear from us on the results.

Long story short, i then get a letter from Cap1 Credit bureau Resolutions that states the account is being reported accurately, sorry we couldn't help.

Any other advice?

Welcome to CB. :)

Based on what we know about CapOne's policies, you're probably going to have to just let these age. After a little while they won't have that much impact on your scores.

Based on what we know about CapOne's policies, you're probably going to have to just let these age. After a little while they won't have that much impact on your scores.

Ok thanks Breeze

Ok thanks Breeze

I sincerely hope someone can contradict me. It would be great. :)

I agree with the others. Cap One EO isn’t what it was back in the day. Not trying to discourage your efforts, but’s there’s plenty of evidence on CB that coincides with your experience. Might just need to put it to bed and let it age. YMMV

Good luck on your adventures.

So I had two 30 day lates back in July-Aug 2017 on one of my 3 Cap1 accounts. I used the Cap1 payment tool and got back on track as soon as i could. Current ever since.

Figured I would try and get them goodwilled to current. I initially called and spoke to a rep, who said they would look into it and get back with me on a resolution. Well that didn't work, they sent a letter saying they were accurate blah blah blah.

I figured i had nothing to lose, so i sent a goodwill letter to Cap1 executive offices explaining that i was between jobs and had an account get past due, wife was ill, and had trouble making payments.

I received a letter from the executive offices asking me to call them ( a specific persons phone number and extension), to verify some info, etc. I called, and spoke to the person that sent the letter. I told her the same thing about getting behind, and getting caught back up etc etc. Told her i was happy with Cap1, between my wife and I, we have a 6 Cap1 accounts including a financed vehicle. She says I'll open claim and you will hear from us on the results.

Long story short, i then get a letter from Cap1 Credit bureau Resolutions that states the account is being reported accurately, sorry we couldn't help.

Any other advice?

In my opinion, regardless of crap-one's standard policies, I would have to say that they probably balked at cleaning up your record because they were too recent. I was myself actually successful at getting a late removed from one of my crap-one accounts via a goodwill letter but it was 5.5 years old at the time.......also it was back in a time when the EO was more customer friendly and before people started to abuse the privilege of using the EO.........all I can say is thank you crap one for closing my accounts.......I have been so much better without you!!!!!

Same result for me.

I had a 30/60/90 from April/May/June 2012 and a perfect payment history with them since. Spoke with the executive office and explained the circumstances surrounding them and was told they would get back with me. Follow-up call 3 days later was--sorry, we can't accommodate you.

Fortunately, they will age off next year.