Why does everyone hate on Elon Musk?

A couple months ago he activated the largest battery in the world in South Australia.

A couple weeks ago he activated a massive battery project in South Africa.

A couple days ago he launched a rocket that carries a payload 3x's that of the nearest Chinese competitor. He's eating into the Russian heavy lift market that they have owned since they grabbed the Nazi rocket scientists in 1945.

What the fuq have his critics EVER done?

Why does everyone hate on the smell of horse manure? Manure has infused rich nitrogen into soils that grow our crops and has fed our country in no small way. What have the olfactory detractors ever smelled like?

The Haber Process is responsible for most of the nitrates used for ag purposes...not horses crap. Most of the world lives off the Haber Process.

Personally, I hate Elon Musk because he's a pompous windbag who sues anyone who legitimately critiques his products or has any criticism. He sells overpriced vehicles lacking customization that are based upon an architecture that will be obsolete in a decade. Has he innovated? Sure. And he deserves credit where credit is due. That doesn't make him unworthy of criticism, and there is plenty to criticize.

Personally, I hate Elon Musk because he's a pompous windbag who sues anyone who legitimately critiques his products or has any criticism. He sells overpriced vehicles lacking customization that are based upon an architecture that will be obsolete in a decade. Has he innovated? Sure. And he deserves credit where credit is due. That doesn't make him unworthy of criticism, and there is plenty to criticize.

1. I hate Elon Musk because he's a pompous windbag who sues anyone who legitimately critiques his products or has any criticism.

2. He sells overpriced vehicles lacking customization that are based upon an architecture that will be obsolete in a decade.

#1 I can understand. #2 is frivolous because no one is forced to purchase a Tesla vehicle.

1. I hate Elon Musk because he's a pompous windbag who sues anyone who legitimately critiques his products or has any criticism.

2. He sells overpriced vehicles lacking customization that are based upon an architecture that will be obsolete in a decade.

#1 I can understand. #2 is frivolous because no one is forced to purchase a Tesla vehicle.

There's a crapload of Teslas around here. A neighbor is getting his home foreclosed and is driving one. Go figure.

• 1 year later...

The Tesla Skeptics Who Bet Against Elon Musk

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2020-01-22/the-tesla-tslaq-skeptics-who-bet-against-elon-musk

With more than 30 million Twitter followers and a steady stream of YouTube videos and podcasts from Tesla lovers around the world, Musk has plenty of fans to take his side. They shout down the gentlest critics on social media, have been known to bring doughnuts to employees during end-of-quarter pushes to get vehicles out the door, even volunteer to talk new owners through the bells and whistles. “Huge thank you to all Tesla supporters for helping with car deliveries,” Musk tweeted in September 2018. “You rock!!”
  • 2 weeks later...

I hate that he takes credit for everything that his companies do when in fact, he just made these companies that were able to hire smart people.  He is really good at raising capital though.  Also Teslas are not that impressive to me, paint, and fit and finish is very poor compared to a real car.

I see this as a massive short squeeze...when I looked the other day, the numbers as of mid-January had shown that 17.52% of the shares were short positions.  This run-up is so consistent with other short squeezes, which tend to be followed by a rather precipitous drop.  Some companies recover from the drop while others just languish at the new level until actual news has been released that justifies movement upward...

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2020 at 7:42 AM, centex said:

I see this as a massive short squeeze...when I looked the other day, the numbers as of mid-January had shown that 17.52% of the shares were short positions.  This run-up is so consistent with other short squeezes, which tend to be followed by a rather precipitous drop.  Some companies recover from the drop while others just languish at the new level until actual news has been released that justifies movement upward...

He's been a favorite of shorts for at least a decade. And it's cost them a very large pile.