Sign in to follow this  
Hamoth

Long time, how to start again?

Great to see so many familiar faces and articles here on the old CB. I was active back in 04-05.

Thank you all for your hard work. I was able to get an apartment, buy a few cars (now paid off). That was great! After benefiting from a few years of excellent credit and financial growth, I got mobbed by a series of difficult situations and am probably in a deeper pit than before : one BOFA default judgement, lien, being the worst of the lot.

Still, I gotta be able to qualify for housing somehow - so it's back to this lovely grind for me!

Now that I'm back, I find that quite a bit has changed and I'm stuck on step one all over again.

I've read the old pinned threads again, but am unable to find the answer to how I make my initial pull to get my initial reports.

We once used something called "My Credit Keeper" or some such for daily pulls from all 3. Now I read that it is best to write a letter to each of the CRAs and get the report that way. Yet I imagine there is some kind of fee or something I would need to pay them, but they are so obsessed with selling me their bogus digital fako scores and tricking me into that free annual report, that I can't figure out how to just order my regular (not free annual) report.

Help!?

Thanks!

Hey there!!! I too am back here after a long time :) So let me see if I can give SOME light (maybe not all of it lol)

I ordered my 3 reports directly by calling them and ensuring I got paid ones (not the free annual ones). 2 of mine still haven’t gotten here yet but Experian was quick. Think I annoyed TU & EQ so much on my last run that I am probably on a list somewhere

I, too, am not sure on a daily puller anymore but I know credit check total has the 3 FICO 8 scores and reports. I doubt if it is daily and there is a thread around here about signing up the trial then canceling etc...

So my step one was call and order all 3 reports :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So yeah i'm guessing you know about annualcreditreport.com.... which gives you all three reports for free

Also, there's credit karma now.... they will give you some fako but solid info on Equifax and TU and they update once a week upon login IIRC.

Equifax had the hacking incident which in turn led to free ID monitoring if you look on their website. That will let you pull endlessly multiple times a day but the account numbers will be truncated.

Transunion has something similar on their site that's also free but you can only pull once in 24 hour periods.

Experian has something else that I believe gives you one free fico score and report.

Theres also the fact that you can call up the CRAs and get a free report via FCRA (rejected credit, suspect Id theft)

Too much to mention really.

OP needs hard copies...

Courtesy of ubercat: Paper Reports: EX 888-397-3742, EQ 800-997-2493, TU 800-888-4213.

Hey there!!! I too am back here after a long time :) So let me see if I can give SOME light (maybe not all of it lol)

So my step one was call and order all 3 reports :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great great! Thank you. I'll get on the horn and start that process! Indeed correct that I want hard copies, and do NOT want my "free" annual report since there are some strings there.