Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Amazon to (finally) open checkout-free store in Seattle

The last post in this topic was posted 1013 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/01/21/technology/business/amazon-go-seattle-store/index.html

"Customers must scan the Amazon Go app upon entering the store. Sensors will then track their movements and charge shoppers' Amazon (AMZN) accounts for the items they grab. Customers just walk out of the store. No cashiers needed."

"Monday will mark the first time the general public will be able to test it out."

Exciting times ahead for the Amazon loss prevention team. Salamanders will try to exploit it.

The store only sells anvils.

"Exciting times ahead for the Amazon loss prevention team. Salamanders will try to exploit it."

They may have a more difficult time than they imagine.

Today's Times has an article on Amazon Go--it's a bit more comprehensive.

"Actual shoplifting is not easy at Amazon Go. With permission from Amazon, I tried to trick the store’s camera system by wrapping a shopping bag around a $4.35 four-pack of vanilla soda while it was still on a shelf, tucking it under my arm and walking out of the store. Amazon charged me for it." "Amazon’s technology can see and identify every item in the store, without attaching a special chip to every can of soup and bag of trail mix."

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/21/technology/inside-amazon-go-a-store-of-the-future.html?ref=todayspaper

I wonder how they'll handle the lunch buffet? I'd love it if there was a scale where I could weigh it out before it gets charged. I might take off a brussel sprout or two.

I wonder how they'll handle the lunch buffet? I'd love it if there was a scale where I could weigh it out before it gets charged. I might take off a brussel sprout or two.

It's Amazon, not Roche Bros! :lol:

The last post in this topic was posted 1013 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.