Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

New to removing items off credit report

The last post in this topic was posted 914 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Hello,

I am beginning to rebuild my credit. Its really not that bad and I have seen it go up so far. Ex 600 Eq 621 Tu 598. I have done my homework and have 2 secured credit cards that I keep below 20% and paying off quickly, this has helped improve my score. I just have a few questions about 2 closed accounts still showing a balance with a negative and 2 collections that have been paid off but are still showing as collections. My questions are how do I go about getting these 4 items off my credit report? Is there paperwork I have to fill out? If I need to type a letter would any one have some examples they can pass along? Who should I call and what info should I have gathered to get which ever rep to help get these items off? Really new to this so sorry if asking a bit much.

Closed Accounts:

BK OF AMER

XXX

$1,400

-

-

Real Estate

Negative

Sep 1, 2007

DITECH FINANCIAL LLC

XX

$100,000

-

-

Real Estate

Negative

Sep 1, 2007

Collections Accounts:

ENHANCED RECOVERY CO L

XXX

SPRINT

May 1, 2015

RGS FINANCIAL

XXXXXXXXXXX

COX COMMUNICATIONS IV

Apr 1, 2016

Thank you all for any feedback and suggestions you can provide.

Let's start with the collection accounts first. There are many items you can dispute on each account such as date of first delinquency, balance, date of last activity, and much more. I would start by disputing "CMRR" the date of first delinquency on each account with each CRA reporting the account.

What does the date September 1, 2007 on the accounts represent ? Is the the date the account was opened or the Date of First Delinquency ? What state are you in to determine your "SOL" ? If that date is the Date of First Delinquency, then you could dispute the accounts as "Obsolete", but make sure you know what types of accounts you are disputing so the you can be sure to determine the "SOL" for that account in your state.

Good Luck !!!!!!

The last post in this topic was posted 914 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.