Sign in to follow this  
theceo

App Spree Success! I’m BACK here after a decade.

Credit One is making me wait for a reply by mail to close it. Ill likely be stuck with the one time fee. Its still pending, and its been a week and a half, so Im guessing Ill get denied and hopefully be fee-free. Meh.

I cant wait for my other new credit cards to start reporting and help my utilization and scores.

But will it still report anyways, and for 10yrs? That's the main reason for not opening it.

Supposedly it won't report, so long as I never active it before closing it. I haven't been approved it, it's been in orocess so long it'll probably be declined anyway.

Finally got the West Elm $2000 card in the mail. It’s nice having an increasing number of options and increasing scores. :)

Wow. 8 toy cards in 2018 and we’re only 17 days in the year! I truly hope you spend a lot of time here learning.

Couldn’t reach Credit One today, but will try again to cancel the application.

Yeah, I am rather impatient to have decent credit again. I wanted to buy a house in 2 years or less and the odds are increasingly dim. Or rent an urban apartment if a career takes me there since it would mean a good income jump, but I can’t even qualify for a decent downtown apartment with my credit yet. I should pay off those Cap One cards I know, but after a rough patch, am afraid to not have as much cash as possible on hand. I’ll have to rethink that. My scores and options could improve even with a 50 point credit score jump from paying those off. Don’t we all need to work on our income? :D I do there too.

I don’t know why I want BOA or Citi so much, even though it’s not necessary, but I do want to start a relationship with a decent lender. I suppose I do already have that with Discover- if they really let me keep that card. Can’t help but think they made a mistake and I won’t really have that credit card. Anyway, I do need to let things garden. I just really don’t want to have to wait a year for a decent score.

Do not activate that credit one card!! Seriously, call and cancel

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

I'm rebuilding so these small cards are not toys to me. It'll take a few years to really get my scores to prime and qualified for larger CLs.

Many of these stores I already shopped at often sk there's the discounts and the convenience as well. Target gives 5% off with their card, and that's where I get groceries.

I did get a lot and (too) quick, mostly from preapprovals or SCTs, but am definitely gardening from here on.

My utilization needed help so these 'toy' cards helped with available credit. I only bad 2 real mc/visa cards before now.

Credit One would not let me cancel by phone and said I have to wait for their response by mail to cancel. I tried twice by phone.