Sign in to follow this  
Startacus

Helping friend get credit - need advice on who to apply

So I've been able to remove most of the negative CL's from her reports. AAMOF everything was removed on her TU however one medical returned. In 35 days she went from a 520 to a 724 to a 650's because of the one acct that returned. I've added her as an AA to a Disc CC which posted onto TU but not EQ. I've heard people say that a hard pull has to be done before the line will actually post to EQ. Any ideas on that?

Also she's wanting to get a credit line of her own. I've looked thru the database and see that Cap1 Venture may approve her with that score along with a host of store credit cards. On her TU there is 1 neg reporting and 1 inq and my CC posting as AA giving her the 650. Just looking for suggestions as to what she should apply for.

Her end game is to purchase a vehicle using her own credit. Right now she's renting a very old 90's vehicle from a family member for $350 a month.

Thanks!

It's common for Equifax to not report non-spousal AUs. It has nothing to do with pulling her credit.

She can probably get a Capital One Card at this point. Try the prequalifier.

https://findmycard.capitalone.com/en/PageVersions/LandingPages/LP_ONE_V01.aspx

Also, since car loans are secured by the car itself they aren't terribly hard to get, although she may not get the best terms right away. Does she have a 20-30% down payment saved up?

Why isn't your friend doing the credit clean-up work herself?

"Why isn't your friend doing the credit clean-up work herself?"

..because I always get suckered into helping people. My DH asks the exact same question.

Will try the prequalifier. Thanks alot.

"Why isn't your friend doing the credit clean-up work herself?"

..because I always get suckered into helping people. My DH asks the exact same question.

Will try the prequalifier. Thanks alot.

Helping would be sending her an email that says, "CreditBoards is a great resource, and it's 100% free. Here is the URL. Good luck!"

So I've been able to remove most of the negative CL's from her reports. AAMOF everything was removed on her TU however one medical returned. In 35 days she went from a 520 to a 724 to a 650's because of the one acct that returned. I've added her as an AA to a Disc CC which posted onto TU but not EQ. I've heard people say that a hard pull has to be done before the line will actually post to EQ. Any ideas on that?

Also she's wanting to get a credit line of her own. I've looked thru the database and see that Cap1 Venture may approve her with that score along with a host of store credit cards. On her TU there is 1 neg reporting and 1 inq and my CC posting as AA giving her the 650. Just looking for suggestions as to what she should apply for.

Her end game is to purchase a vehicle using her own credit. Right now she's renting a very old 90's vehicle from a family member for $350 a month.

Thanks!

Adding her as an AU to the 2007 Skypass Visa would give her the largest profile boost.

Thanks!

EQ should report as long as addresses match. I have a lot of non-spousal AUs and they report for all of them on EQ, but only when the addresses match.