Sign in to follow this  
tmcgill

BBVA Compass Reminder

BBVA will run you through EWS and the old Compass Bank blacklist.

Multiple emails from individuals who are not on EWS, but have older negatives on Chexsystems.

The Chex report is probably not the reason for the decline on a checking account or their prepaid card.

BBVA will still decline if you had an older charge-off or owe them funds when they were Compass Bank.

They still check the Compass blacklist before approving.

I've been a customer of BBVA for about 3 weeks now. I will eventually be reported to EWS (and maybe chex or telecheck?) from Chase, but that account is still overdrawn and "open". (i'm including it in a ch 13 bankruptcy). Do you think i'll get closed from BBVA? I had no idea about EWS when I opened that account. From what I understand, Chase won't close and report you until 60+ days overdrawn...but they'll know i'm paying it by then. Have you ever seen anything like this? If so, what happened? Thanks in advance!

If BBVA signed up for negative alerts for new customers, there is a chance it could be frozen or closed.

A good practice is a non-Chex and non-EWS account as backup.

BBVA will not close your account if you have a negative closed account with Chase or BofA or Wells. They don't share info or use the same reporting agency. I have personal knowledge of this and have sent 2 clients since November who had recent closed

accounts at both.

Like some banks, they may ignore report negatives over a certain age. New accountholders have emailed me their accounts were closed due to EWS, Chexsystems or an old Compass Bank account. What is the source for your info on their approval/screening process?

Edited by tmcgill

They checked EWS for me with negative information reporting.

2 months later accounts (savings and checking) still open.

In addition to the inquiries, both Compass accounts are reported on EWS.

Edited by repairing

Went back through several of the emails, and the senders mentioned their negatives were new, less than a year old, and they owed money for the charged off accounts. One mentioned he had a large check deposited returned for NSF, and was reported to EWS. Great you were able to stay open. As I often repeat, keep a non-Chex, non-EWS account for backup just in case.

Edited by tmcgill

On 2/24/2018 at 10:36 AM, dbs1977 said:

BBVA will not close your account if you have a negative closed account with Chase or BofA or Wells. They don't share info or use the same reporting agency. I have personal knowledge of this and have sent 2 clients since November who had recent closed

accounts at both.

I recently read that for a $13.95 monthly fee, BBVA will approve applicants for a Second Chance Checking account, even if they were previously reported to EWS by another bank. Do you have any knowledge of this? 

I've observed from user feedback that it depends on your individual report.  They seem to decide on a case by case basis. A single entry that does not indicate fraud may get an approval, but multiple accounts with funds owed, and/or fraud entries may be the deal maker.

Bank of Oklahoma and Bank of Arizona are also good options.  As is Enterprise Bank and Trust.  They seem to be easier to work with and push accounts open...  In my experience.

I just got approved for BBVA clear connect account. My husband got denied due to telecheck

I opened joint accounts and an individual account. The joint with my husband was closed a week later but my individual is still open and telecheck shows an approved inquiry from them so as said above it all depends.  I am in EWS also