cv91915

Master 2018 Approvals and CLIs Thread

CITI ATT CLI approved +$5K  Was due to cut with a credit balance of $54.  However, they threw in the AF.  So with $3K pending I asked for more.  $5400 -> $10400.

5 hours ago, tmkats said:

Was FINALLY able to get the BJ's MC.  If anyone has been following my lust of Vig and his card they will know what I mean.

Came as a pre-approval in my e-mail today with full opt out language.  Ran through the process and was approved for $5K.  Not alot but matches my lowest limits.  We go to BJ's ALOT and 5% back can go a long way there.

It's funny, I cold applied for this a few weeks ago and was denied and now I get the pre-approval.  Go figure!

Wow! Congrats. Welcome to the club....pun intended. 

10/03/18 - Chapter 13 Discharge

10/09/18 - Made AU on Chase Amazon Prime Visa $8,300 limit 

10/16/18 - Approved for Capital One Platinum Unsecured $3,000 limit

Discover IT-$8,000

NFCU Flagship-$7500

I've opened quite a few new cards in the last couple of years. I was kind of surprised at the lower NFCU limit and was wondering if it's because I already have $49k limits between my NFCU sig cash rewards and AMEX plus $15k LOC and $17k PLOC?

4 hours ago, trachkids said:

FNBO (Sheetz) Visa CLI, $25k>>>$40k. Requested $50k. EXP HP & requested last 2yrs tax returns.

Edited to add: Also called NFCU & asked for my Platinum rate to be lowered...10.74%>>>7.74%.

Congrats.:wave:

12 hours ago, trachkids said:

FNBO (Sheetz) Visa CLI, $25k>>>$40k. Requested $50k. EXP HP & requested last 2yrs tax returns.

Edited to add: Also called NFCU & asked for my Platinum rate to be lowered...10.74%>>>7.74%.

Awesome sauce!

Could use the wisdom of the group on this one:

I have a Kohl's card - one of my oldest (>10 years) age, but lowest CL of all my cards, only 1K - every other one >10K.  Last I checked, they will only consider a CLI if I do a HP.

Any good and proven ideas or strategies to get past a HP with them? Would rather use a HP elsewhere. 

Question is:

Use a HP for a CLI or leave it as is and focus on other better cards? Getting ready to do AX Plat once all my INQs go to 0 in about 30 days.

Thanks in advance.

Could use the wisdom of the group on this one:

I have a Kohl's card - one of my oldest (>10 years) age, but lowest CL of all my cards, only 1K - every other one >10K.  Last I checked, they will only consider a CLI if I do a HP.

Any good and proven ideas or strategies to get past a HP with them? Would rather use a HP elsewhere. 

Question is:
Use a HP for a CLI or leave it as is and focus on other better cards? Getting ready to do AX Plat once all my INQs go to 0 in about 30 days.

Thanks in advance.

Why are you so worried about a hard inquiry? This irrational fear of hard inquiries seems very pervasive.
Any reason you think your chances of Amex approval depends on your inquiries?

You may be better served building a credit profile and not worrying about inquiries and other things that may not be the real issue.

Amex doesn't care about inquiries.

I wouldn't spend much energy on growing the Kohl's card.  Use it just enough to keep it active.  

Kohl's sells mostly artificially-overpriced crap that they then mark down with fake sales and stupid coupons, but the good news is that a purchase and a prompt return once a year should be all you need.  

13 hours ago, cv91915 said:

Amex doesn't care about inquiries.

I wouldn't spend much energy on growing the Kohl's card.  Use it just enough to keep it active.  

Kohl's sells mostly artificially-overpriced crap that they then mark down with fake sales and stupid coupons, but the good news is that a purchase and a prompt return once a year should be all you need.  

That's how I've been playing it.  Thx.  My silly objective is driven more by playing the 850 game, and less by INQ sensitivity. 

14 hours ago, credit_help said:

Why are you so worried about a hard inquiry? This irrational fear of hard inquiries seems very pervasive.
Any reason you think your chances of Amex approval depends on your inquiries?

You may be better served building a credit profile and not worrying about inquiries and other things that may not be the real issue.

Thanks Help.  I'm not INQ shy, as I had 6 from an app spree last fall.  All 3 scores in the low 800's now. Several INQs just passed >1 year, and the balance go >1 year in about 45 days.  Want to test how my scores respond with 0 INQs and newest account >1Y.  Once I get those answers, I'm off to apping AX Platinum and a trip to Thailand...

That's how I've been playing it.  Thx.  My silly objective is driven more by playing the 850 game, and less by INQ sensitivity. 
Why do you need 850 score? Is this some kind of status symbol?

PenFed: Used the Offers link to get CLI on my PowerCash Rewards Visa. That process uses a new app but recognizes that I already have the card and asks for mailing address (verify or edit) and mailing option anyway at the end.

It showed $5,300 for several apps. Hopefully, this will get reflected in my existing PowerCash Rewards card limit.

NFCU: Asked for $25,000 CL on my Go Rewards Visa. In review. I am not very hopeful.

BofA: Asked to raise limit to $18,000 on my Cash Rewards Visa. Instantly approved. Have to check if they stole from my other card.

Planning to ask CLI on my Alliant Signature Cashback card. Is there a way to use their loan app process to get CLI?

Edit: Checked my other BofA card: Platinum Plus MC. They did not steal. Actually, they gave me an auto CLI on my Platinum Plus MC last week. I also plan on applying for another BofA card: Premium Rewards for the SUB.

Edit 2: Sam’s Club MC to $20,000 from $12,000 instant approval. Should I have ask for more?

Requested to increase to $25,000 from $10,000 on my Alliant Signature Cashback card using the loan application process.

Received an email from Mint that someone requested my credit report (TU).

No decision yet. Final page after submit shows:

Loan Application Received.

Great Work! Your application has been received.

Your loan application is being currently reviewed. We will contact shortly about next steps.

While the app was spinning, it showed:

Thank you for choosing Alliant. Alliant exists solely to serve our members, not shareholders. That means every dollar you invest in Alliant is reinvested in you.

The “Credit Score and Price you Pay for Credit” disclosure document shows 790. It’s FICO but not sure which particular model of FICO. BankCard?

Should I call and see if they want more info?

1 hour ago, credit_help said:

Edit 2: Sam’s Club MC to $20,000 from $12,000 instant approval. Should I have ask for more?

Credit Solutions or luv button?

Congrats on the increases!

Credit Solutions or luv button?

Congrats on the increases!

Thanks.

Online via Credit Limit increase button. I tried CLI request with Credit Solutions after receiving the card without success.

6 hours ago, credit_help said:

Why do you need 850 score? Is this some kind of status symbol?

Not expecting to hit 850, as I would not stay there.  Should be in the 830s in the next 60 days, and that will be fine.  Goal is as high, but not 850. While it's attainable, I don't think its sustainable, IMHO 

Loan Application Received.Great Work! Your application has been received.
Your loan application is being currently reviewed. We will contact shortly about next steps.

While the app was spinning, it showed:

Thank you for choosing Alliant. Alliant exists solely to serve our members, not shareholders. That means every dollar you invest in Alliant is reinvested in you.

The “Credit Score and Price you Pay for Credit” disclosure document shows 790. It’s FICO but not sure which particular model of FICO. BankCard?

Should I call and see if they want more info?

While I was posting here, I received an email saying:

Alliant has made a decision on your credit card application. Please log in to view our decision.

I logged in to check on the status. I had to click on accept button even though they approved the requested $25,000. It looked like I was required to upload documents for ID and address verification even for CLI. I submitted these when I joined Alliant CU. :-)

The new credit limit is still not reflected on my card yet. Hopefully, they will update it by Monday. It’s already 5:20 PM.

4 out of 5 my CLIs have been approved. NFCU CLI request is still under review. I am not holding my breath. :-)

The limit on my GO Rewards card shows $25,000. CLI was approved but no email like other credit unions or banks.

So, an hour of work for approx. $55,000 in 5 CLIs with only one of it requiring a hard inquiry.

And I have yet to take up on US Bank’s CLI offer on my Cash+ Visa I got in the mail.

Older CLIs I did not post earlier.

September 10. Discover IT from $32,500 to $34,500
September 22. Amex BCP from $10,000 to $16,000.
October 10. Bank of America Platinum Plus from $18,000 to $21,000. Auto CLI.

The limit on my GO Rewards card shows $25,000. CLI was approved but no email like other credit unions or banks.

So, an hour of work for approx. $55,000 in 5 CLIs with only one of it requiring a hard inquiry.

Two hard inquiries. I see NFCU hard an inquiry on my Equifax and Alliant CU inquiry on TransUnion.

22 hours ago, credit_help said:

Two hard inquiries. I see NFCU hard an inquiry on my Equifax and Alliant CU inquiry on TransUnion.

Help, Congrats! You've been busy, and successful.

Perhaps I should outsource my app and CLI processes to you!