Sign in to follow this  
cv91915

Master 2018 Approvals and CLIs Thread

Nice!!

But why exactly are you holding onto that Merrick Bank card?

Mine doesn't have any fees, otherwise I would have closed it already.

No, I sure didnt. Should I not wait and call today? It would only be a verification or a denial right?

Yes call today.

Not sure when they gave it to me........US Skank Cash+ $1000 to $1500. :rofl:

I should post this over at MyFako. They give kudos for that sort of thing.

No, I sure didnt. Should I not wait and call today? It would only be a verification or a denial right?

Yes call today.

You were right. I called, and I am glad I did. They were about to shred my app.

She said I can deny you or approve you today. I said great! She immediately asked what job I did, I said I ran a glass shop. Asked for how long, 3 years. Asked income. Then, she said my oldest card was 14 months, and before this nothing since 2003 (old paid off student loan I guess).. anyway, she wanted to know why the gap. I said I never had a need for credit until my son was born 2 years ago, now I want a mortgage. She told me they didnt like that I have no true history. I said I understood and if she needed to deny me I fully understand... But listen, my parents each have the Red Aviator card they use for all purchases, and my father told me Barclan is who I need to be dealing with... Kept rambling.. I said I dont think the travel card is right for me, but the Ring is perfect seeing as how I am establishing responsible credit and will enjoy the exclusive credit chat community this card offers... She is like riiiiiight, "mmhmm yes".. and I rambled on.. I feel as if this tradeline will be a perfect way to start a long relationship between me and Barclans. She pauses for suspense and says "I am extending you an offer today for a $1,500 line, is this something you may want?". I said this sounds perfect!

Dont want to be snobby seeing as how the AMEX computer gave me $10,500, and BBVA's gave me $10,000.. Barclans seems a bit picky, and I have 3 cards opened within 6 months, 6 within 14 months. Ol Citi wont budge from $600, and Crapone wont budge from $500... So.. I feel lucky.

BigPoppa09 - Thank you for the heads up.

Not sure when they gave it to me........US Skank Cash+ $1000 to $1500. :rofl:

I should post this over at MyFako. They give kudos for that sort of thing.

If you patiently waited 4 years they would break out the streamers and kazoos!!

Yes call today.
You were right. I called, and I am glad I did. They were about to shred my app.

She said I can deny you or approve you today. I said great! She immediately asked what job I did, I said I ran a glass shop. Asked for how long, 3 years. Asked income. Then, she said my oldest card was 14 months, and before this nothing since 2003 (old paid off student loan I guess).. anyway, she wanted to know why the gap. I said I never had a need for credit until my son was born 2 years ago, now I want a mortgage. She told me they didnt like that I have no true history. I said I understood and if she needed to deny me I fully understand... But listen, my parents each have the Red Aviator card they use for all purchases, and my father told me Barclan is who I need to be dealing with... Kept rambling.. I said I dont think the travel card is right for me, but the Ring is perfect seeing as how I am establishing responsible credit and will enjoy the exclusive credit chat community this card offers... She is like riiiiiight, "mmhmm yes".. and I rambled on.. I feel as if this tradeline will be a perfect way to start a long relationship between me and Barclans. She pauses for suspense and says "I am extending you an offer today for a $1,500 line, is this something you may want?". I said this sounds perfect!

Dont want to be snobby seeing as how the AMEX computer gave me $10,500, and BBVA's gave me $10,000.. Barclans seems a bit picky, and I have 3 cards opened within 6 months, 6 within 14 months. Ol Citi wont budge from $600, and Crapone wont budge from $500... So.. I feel lucky.

BigPoppa09 - Thank you for the heads up.

Congrats good job

Nice!!

But why exactly are you holding onto that Merrick Bank card?

Mine doesn't have any fees, otherwise I would have closed it already.

I closed mine due to the higher limits rule and the stench that it exhumed to potential high-end lenders.

Edited by Jon77

Applied Barclay AA Red Aviator with 50,000 mile bonus. Didn't get instant approval. Fico 702. Have Barclay Jet Blue with $17,000 limit. When should I call reconsideration?

Applied Barclay AA Red Aviator with 50,000 mile bonus. Didn't get instant approval. Fico 702. Have Barclay Jet Blue with $17,000 limit. When should I call reconsideration?

Welcome to CB! :)

Bump for answer to your question.

Amex Cash Magnet = Approved -> $5800 Since this would have been number 8, had to give up one (ED) which was at $2K.

My app spree has ended with one approval and 1 crash and burn. Approval for NFCU GR Visa - $1000. Very pleased since I was not offered membership initially to apply.

Denial with US Bank HD Visa, haven't received letter yet, was notified via email.

My app spree has ended with one approval and 1 crash and burn. Approval for NFCU GR Visa - $1000. Very pleased since I was not offered membership initially to apply.

Denial with US Bank HD Visa, haven't received letter yet, was notified via email.

Congrats on the Navy approval.

Congrats on the Navy approval.

Thank you :)

A little CLI spree...

Discover--->$24,400

Amex--->$20,700

BOA--->$16,400

A little CLI spree...

Discover--->$24,400

Amex--->$20,700

BOA--->$16,400

Congratulations!!! :dance:

A little CLI spree...

Discover--->$24,400

Amex--->$20,700

BOA--->$16,400

Thanks! LOL ... :wave:

My second +$5K from Disco in less than a year?

A little CLI spree...

Discover--->$24,400

Amex--->$20,700

BOA--->$16,400

QYx42dS.jpg

Just approved for a Discover with $10k SL

Excellent starting line!!! Congrats!!!

A little CLI spree...

Thank you

Discover--->$24,400

Amex--->$20,700

BOA--->$16,400

QYx42dS.jpg

Just approved for a Discover with $10k SL

Excellent starting line!!! Congrats!!!

App'd for my first cards in 26 months yesterday. 3/3 Approvals.

Amex Cash Magnet $25K

Chase Freedom Unlimited $22K

BOA Travel $3K

Bank of America comes in with the lowest starting limit I've ever been granted. Previous low was Discover at $4500. Call to SR Underwriter line to no avail. I have a sock drawered Cash rewards at $30K I'll steal some limit from in the mean time.

I was surprised at the Amex limit. I have a BCP at $42.5K that has been bumped only incrementally the last 2 CLI rounds. DW got $24K from Chase on the Freedom Unlimited a few months back, was shooting for more than that since my average limit is significantly higher. Regardless these are my 2 largest starting limits on approvals.

App'd the Amex Hilton Honors Ascend today w/ an instant approval CL $25K, so I can 3X in 91 days, right.

App'd the Amex Hilton Honors Ascend today w/ an instant approval CL $25K, so I can 3X in 91 days, right.

Yes, but don't be suprised if you have to give them access to your tax return transcripts.

Citi AA Executive, instant approval, $33,000.

I used a 60,000-mile bonus offer (spend $6k in 3 months) from my local Admirals Club.