Sign in to follow this  
andyla

Equifax removed all my AU accounts

I woke up this morning and found that Equifax has removed all accounts that I was an AU on. This resulted in my AAOA dropping from 6 years to about 1 year and 6 mos. I've already filed a CFPB complaint against them and waiting to hear back on that. Has anyone else experienced this with these goof balls? I'm am doing well on credit repair journey, but this does not help at all. I need to get these accounts back on my report. Experian and TU showing up just fine. Any help is appreciated.

Maybe you are right. I don't know. I guess my thought was that Equifax wasn't truly representing my credit portfolio since the account owner agreed to add me as an authorized user (my dad). Isn't it illegal for Equifax to pick and choose which accounts they report? These accounts have been reporting for almost a year without issue. They just decided to remove them.

Did you check with your Dad? Maybe he removed you? At any rate, I would guess it's on the card company's end, not EFX.

• How many accounts are we talking about?
  • Were they all from the same creditor?
  • Were they all under the same primary account holder?
  • Do you have the same address as the primary account holder?
  • Do you have any disputes in process?
  • Have you checked to confirm that your cards are still active?

If you have a dispute in process - and especially if you did a shotgun dispute of umpteen TL's with multiple reasons, EQ's response might have been to simply delete everything that isn't clearly your responsibility. This is especially likely if you don't have the same address as the primary account holder. If these accounts are actively being used, you should see them come back after a month or two. (that's why when you want an AU account removed, you have to both dispute with the CRA *and* have the primary account holder remove you from the account).

If you do not have a dispute in process, and you had multiple accounts from multiple creditors all drop at the same time, I'd wonder if your file was split. (a database error where the CRA has two files for the same person, with their data split between the two files).

If all the dropped accounts are from a single creditor - it could be that the creditor is reporting the accounts differently.

Finally, as Breeeze said, it's possible that you've been dropped from the account(s).

I'd suggest starting by asking Dad if he changed anything on the accounts -- and follow that up with attempting to use the card to confirm that it is in fact active (or start with a test charge - but be prepared for it to be declined).

Edited by JeffeVerde

What are you expecting to accomplish with a frivolous CFPB complaint?

Those ruin it for the ones that legitimately need CFPB help!

Maybe you are right. I don't know. I guess my thought was that Equifax wasn't truly representing my credit portfolio since the account owner agreed to add me as an authorized user (my dad). Isn't it illegal for Equifax to pick and choose which accounts they report? These accounts have been reporting for almost a year without issue. They just decided to remove them.

As if an AU account truely represents your creditworthiness.

The FCRA (Fair Credit Reporting Act) specifies that the CRA's must not report any inaccurate information.

But there is no law that compels your creditors to provide information to the CRA's, and there is no law that compels the CRA's to publish all the information that they receive.

The FCRA (Fair Credit Reporting Act) specifies that the CRA's must not report any inaccurate information.

But there is no law that compels your creditors to provide information to the CRA's, and there is no law that compels the CRA's to publish all the information that they receive.

:good: