Jump to content

Miscellaneous items traveling in my luggage today


Recommended Posts

On 3/30/2020 at 10:26 AM, cv91915 said:

All this food seemed like overkill as I was leaving the house, until I was reminded that this is what passes for breakfast in First Class right now.  😛 

 

2W9JP2B.jpg

 

They've really stepped it up since I posted that.

 

07ro7qG.jpg

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They've really stepped it up since I posted that.      

For today's trip: One of two banana breads I baked for my parents (only one fit in their luggage when they left town last week). Ziploc bag with two leftover English muffins. Zipl

Stuff traveling with me in my carryon are green holiday lights to decorate the balcony for Saint Patty's Day and Luck of the Irish napkins.    It has become a fun tradition when I hang out w

1 hour ago, TheVig said:

Does it work worth a damn?

You can't go wrong for $12. 😛 

 

I've been using this one almost daily when I'm at the Mud Hut https://www.bestbuy.com/site/elite-cuisine-7-egg-automatic-egg-cooker-black/5427900.p?skuId=5427900.  

 

It does a good job for such a rudimentary device.  Much simpler and faster than boiling water (which oddly seems like a lot of trouble).

 

I'm hoping the cycle-end alert on this one isn't so shrill.  It's hard to enjoy eggs while your eardrums are bleeding.

Edited by cv91915
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, cv91915 said:

You can't go wrong for $12. 😛 

 

I've been using this one almost daily when I'm at the Mud Hut https://www.bestbuy.com/site/elite-cuisine-7-egg-automatic-egg-cooker-black/5427900.p?skuId=5427900.  

 

It does a good job for such a rudimentary device.  Much simpler and faster than boiling water (which oddly seems like a lot of trouble).

 

I'm hoping the cycle-end alert on this one isn't so shrill.  It's hard to enjoy eggs while your eardrums are bleeding.

Hey CV, how full was the airline and which one?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, creditmaze said:

Hey CV, how full was the airline and which one?

Zero empty seats from MUD-DFW, but it was a regional jet (first time I've ever encountered this type of equipment on this route).

 

DFW-SAN is almost (if not) 100% full.  737-800.

 

I'm on American.  I break out in lesions when I'm not either earning EQDs or flying on an award ticket (it's the latter today).

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2020 at 7:18 PM, cv91915 said:

Zero empty seats from MUD-DFW, but it was a regional jet (first time I've ever encountered this type of equipment on this route).

 

DFW-SAN is almost (if not) 100% full.  737-800.

 

I'm on American.  I break out in lesions when I'm not either earning EQDs or flying on an award ticket (it's the latter today).

Were they blocking the middle seats, or were those taken as well?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CTSoxFan said:

Were they blocking the middle seats, or were those taken as well?

No, they only block middle seats if there's capacity, which there wasn't.

 

Last time I flew was on 5/4, and the planes were virtually empty despite massive schedule cuts.  It's clear that they need to start adding capacity back because demand has spiked noticeably in just 11 days.

 

Another sign that capacity is lagging demand: I had to wait almost 15 minutes for an Uber when I arrived in San Diego.  Normally there's a line of cars waiting for passengers.

 

++++++++

 

DFW on Friday evening:

 

n4IzjSa.jpg

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/24/2018 at 4:43 PM, cv91915 said:

I'm not traveling until Friday, but I started packing this afternoon.

 

GGvYxfC.jpg

 

Another batch of mismatched hangers is leaving California today, along with an accumulation of oversized plastic shopping bags.

 

ochLPnT.jpg 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not actually leaving again until the 23rd, but I have way too many dryer sheets here and not enough in California.

 

To address this imbalance, I just tossed this open box into my carry-on bag, which still leaves me with a full box of 160 here.

 

v7FjPeF.jpg

 

If I'm not mistaken I also rebalanced the dryer sheet inventory within the past 12 months... but in the other direction, so it's very possible that some of these will be experiencing air travel for a second time.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.





  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      180,856
    • Most Online
      2,046

    Newest Member
    ray2
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Guidelines