Sign in to follow this  
Rothstein1928

2018 Building Credit up to date facts thread.......

How long you been in biz? And what was reason for denial with Verizon?

The business is new. They didn't say. Just said we can't right now try building business credit.

Hi there...I am a newbie, and thank you for your replies.  My business is one month old, and I just got declined by Grainger and Uline, but approved by Quill.  Are there any other places I might try to get a company approved who will report to dnb? 

To update and to give hope to all those starting out......whilst a lot of info about business credit on the web is very outdated, if you use common sense and read all the important recent threads on here you can get there , eventually!

it really does take time, and more and more emphasis is placed on your personal credit when applying for business credit cards

my company is 3 years old in May , with the help of folk on here I have...

16 trades on D&B (good rating, low risk)

8 trades on Experian (score 95)

what i I have found is that once you spend your initial $51, and the account is reporting, you can spend $5 and the account will report that amount, not on all of them but most seem to do this.

Apple have raised the minimum from $2500 to $4000 for business finance

Citi do a hard pull for CLI on Staples and Home Depot accounts ( lesson learned!)

On my Lowes act it has always been soft pull for increasing, $2k, $5k and now $10k, with very little spend

i have  given up trying to get a NewEgg business account, they are impossible to deal with !

so, don’t give up, it all comes together eventually, thanks again to those who offered sound advice

Bank business credit cards next for me, in August !

On 4/3/2019 at 12:43 PM, Rothstein1928 said:

16 trades on D&B (good rating, low risk)

8 trades on Experian (score 95)

What trades do you have? Can you name them?

Im new to building biz credit and i was able to open amex 12kand home depot 9k with a PG back in may. Today i figured I'm overdue to try to have net 30 acct reporting so i followed advice for uline quill, and uline didnt approve my $100 order. They called said not enough info about my company yet and i would have to pay by credit card which is useless i think for this purpose. My llc has a dnb number etc. and was started 5 years ago.  Any ideas? Are they changing their openess and ease of getting net 30 accts? 

On 9/24/2019 at 12:07 PM, JustKit said:

Im new to building biz credit and i was able to open amex 12kand home depot 9k with a PG back in may. Today i figured I'm overdue to try to have net 30 acct reporting so i followed advice for uline quill, and uline didnt approve my $100 order. They called said not enough info about my company yet and i would have to pay by credit card which is useless i think for this purpose. My llc has a dnb number etc. and was started 5 years ago.  Any ideas? Are they changing their openess and ease of getting net 30 accts? 

Do you have a website and are you listed in 411? Other than that with only 2 TLs you most likely wouldnt have a Paydex score yet either. Seems they didnt see enough info on you on the webs. Will probably have to go the 3 order route first like they make some do.

Edited by MaxMaximum
misspelling