Sign in to follow this  
oncredit

How do I use Whychat in this situation?

I posted this in the wrong area of this forum so I'm posting again here in the right section.

I have a medical collection that I paid during this first month it appeared on my credit report, which was last month. By coincidence I had plan on applying for credit and decided to check my credit report first. I called both the hospital billing department and my insurer and they both said I owed the amount. I called the collection agency and paid over the phone, I did ask them to delete the account and they said they could not. I paid anyway since it was an affordable amount. A few days letter the credit card I used to pay the collection agency showed a charge from the hospital and not the collection agency.

I now have found Whychat HIPPA process and was wondering is it too late to use it to get a deletion? If it's not too late where in the process do I began? I have read the process but I can't pinpoint where I should start. Please help because this will sit on my credit report for the next seven years, ruining my life. Thank you Whychat for sharing your knowledge. You are worth more than your weight in Gold! I will make a donation at https://www.kittyangels.org/howtohelp.html

Edited by oncredit

I'm assuming I should start by sending the hospital's HIPPA Compliance Officer the FORM LETTER TO ORIGINAL HEALTH CARE PROVIDER?

In my case there is a documented relationship between the CA and the original provider because I gave my credit card payment information to the CA but the original provider was the party that ran my credit card payment. Since the bill is now paid, I am not sending payment with the Form Letter. Am I correct to start by sending the form letter?

Start at the beginning;

https://whychat.me/GUIDEBOOK.html

https://whychat.me/GUIDE%20HIPAA%20PROGRAM.html

Once you have opted out ( I presume you don't need to delete old addresses) you send each CRA the initial dispute letter, list every medical account appearing exactly as it is showing on the report you are disputing.

https://whychat.me/hipaadisp.html

You can't start with any form letter to the OC because THAT letter is based on your having followed the HIPAA letter program and since you didn't do that we will have to do a "work-around"

How is the account now appearing on your reports?? As a "paid" collection??

Start at the beginning;

https://whychat.me/GUIDEBOOK.html

https://whychat.me/GUIDE%20HIPAA%20PROGRAM.html

Once you have opted out ( I presume you don't need to delete old addresses) you send each CRA the initial dispute letter, list every medical account appearing exactly as it is showing on the report you are disputing.

https://whychat.me/hipaadisp.html

You can't start with any form letter to the OC because THAT letter is based on your having followed the HIPAA letter program and since you didn't do that we will have to do a "work-around"

How is the account now appearing on your reports?? As a "paid" collection??

The account appears on my credit reports as closed with a balance due. It has not at all changed since it first appeared last month. It has not been updated with my full payment. It should not have a balance. It says it was opened in 08/2017 and status update is 11/2017. One late payment for 11/2017. Thanks for your responses.

Edited by oncredit

OK I have taken the first 2 steps. I have opted out and just saved a copy of my credit reports from all 3 agencies using annualcreditrport.com. So now I'm ready to send the INITIAL HIPAA DISPUTE LETTER. Correct?

Yes-- please answer my question-- HOW is the account reporting NOW?? Paid or unpaid??

OK I have taken the first 2 steps. I have opted out and just saved a copy of my credit reports from all 3 agencies using annualcreditrport.com. So now I'm ready to send the INITIAL HIPAA DISPUTE LETTER. Correct?

Yes-- please answer my question-- HOW is the account reporting NOW?? Paid or unpaid??

Ok thanks. I answered your question in the post above. It's showing as unpaid although I have already paid in full.

Ok thanks. I answered your question in the post above. It's showing as unpaid although I have already paid in full.

You say you paid by credit card and it shows payment to the hospital and not the CA?? Contact your credit card Co and get the specifics of the transaction including the ID or account identification of whom it was paid to. You will need that later on if your initial dispute letter doesn't work.

You say you paid by credit card and it shows payment to the hospital and not the CA?? Contact your credit card Co and get the specifics of the transaction including the ID or account identification of whom it was paid to. You will need that later on if your initial dispute letter doesn't work.

Yes that is correct. I paid by credit card to the CA over the phone but the charge on my credit card online activity lists the hospital. OK I will contact cc co right now and obtain the specifics.

Edited by oncredit

Hello WhyChat,

My saga continues. I have not sent the initial dispute letters yet because I had talked with the hospital after posting here and they said they were going to get it deleted. Well it's been 3 months and it has not been deleted. I am so crushed and feeling disappointed. The hospital promised me but didn't come through for me. The only change that has happened is that the account was updated to $0 balance on 2 my credit reports. The 3rd report still says I owe a balance.

1) I've read that the CRA's often delete $0 balance medical collections when disputed. If this is true, should I first get the 3rd to report $0 balance for I send the Initial Dispute Letters?

2) For the Initial Dispute Letters is best to use the Suggested Text strictly as is or should I just use it as a guide by stating it in my own words?

Thank You WhyChat for your valuable time you give this forum and I made my donation to show my appreciation.

Edited by oncredit

Oh well the 3rd CR just updated to $0 balance. So I will send all three CRA's the Initial Dispute Letter. I've lost enough time. I will use the Suggested Text.

Hey WhyChat,

It's working!! I mailed the initial dispute letters to the CRA's. According my receipt the Post Office gave me for tracking, all CRA's should have gotten their letter 2 days ago. However, when I enter the tracking numbers on the USPS site there are no updates! So I called TU just to see if they received the letter. They not only said they received it but they also said they deleted the account and mailed me a letter stating so. She said my online monitoring service should pick up the change within a day or two! I can't wait to see the score change because the account was just added at the end of last year, dropping my score tremendously. I'm not going to bother checking the other CRA's just yet. I'll give them a little more time. This is great news! Thank You WhyChat.

Edited by oncredit

Congratulations--- BUT!! Your phone call to TU put you back into their computer systems and probably opted you back in again. Opt out again and try to avoid any phone calls or electronic disputes to any CRAs

The CRA wants me to convert my dispute to an online dispute. I know better and will not do so. I sent the initial dispute letter by mail according to the WhyChat program. I have an online account with the CRA; therefore, they matched my dispute letter with my online account email address. They sent me an email stating: Your most recent reinvestigation has been started. This process can take up to 30 days to complete. For faster delivery of your results, you can now receive the results of your investigation online. To accept receipt of the results of your investigation online, please click on this hyperlink.

I certainly did not click on it!

Edited by oncredit

Hey WhyChat:

I don't understand Experian's response to my Initial Dispute Letter. They sent me a letter. It says:

"If you question the results of our dispute process, then you may want to contact the furnisher of information directly or review the original information in the public record. Please refer to your original personal credit report for the furnisher or public records office name, address, and phone number (if available)."

This is all the letter says!!!. The only other text on the letter is my name and address and a reference to a report number that does not match the report number on the report I sent to them with the account in question circled. No one signed the letter and the letter does not indicate in any way that it is the response to my Initial Dispute Letter! I checked my online report for today and the account is still there. I do not have any public records on my report and have not had any for a few years.

Did they send me this in error? Or is this my response to the Initial Dispute Letter? I have not called them and will not unless you WhyChat tells me I should.

That was a form letter. When you checked the account is it notated "Consumer disputes"?? If not, you may not be seeing an updated report. Here is how to get one.

Go on line to Experian-- DO NOT use your saved link. Use someone else's computer if you can or delete all your Experian cookies. Click on file a NEW dispute, follow the instructions. (Don't worry about clicking to receive results on line as you will NOT be actually filing a new dispute. This will bring up your current report. Print it out ( it is hard to save from this method) when you have it log off -DO NOT DO ANYTHING ELSE. Once you have your current report opt out again as this method (called "the back door") of getting your current report will have opted you back in.

If the account is still there and shows "disputed" send the CA the medical DV

https://whychat.me/ltrcavalhipaa.html ( if it is reporting with a balance due)

https://whychat.me/ltrcavalhipaa.html#PAID ( if it is reporting as a paid collection)

and as soon as you have proof of receipt, send Ex the follow up dispute

https://whychat.me/ltrcavalhipaa.html#DISPUTE

Ok thanks WhyChat for the instructions on getting the report via backdoor. It worked and I have the current report. You are correct, I was not getting the current report because the backdoor report says, "the account remained unchanged from our processing of your dispute in April 2018".

So now I will send the Alternate Medical DV for accounts that have been PAIDTO THE REPORTING CA AND ARE BEING REPORTED AS "PAID COLLECTIONS" not using certified mail nor return receipt but only proof of delivery.

Since the account is no longer on TU, I will not include a letter for TU to the CA. Since I have not heard from EQ and it has been only about 15 days since EQ received the Initial Dispute Letter, do I include a letter for EQ to the CA?

Edited by oncredit

I received a letter from Experian. It states that the company which reported the information to Experian has certified that the account is accurate. It does not in any way acknowledge my request for information. It states the account remains as is. They didn't even bother to obtain the information as though I didn't have a right to request it. The letter simply calls it my "Dispute Results". Unbelievable how the system is rigged against the consumer. Medical DV is next with follow-up to CRA.

Edited by oncredit