Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

One of the Co-Founders of Bitcoin.com Has Sold All of His Bitcoin

The last post in this topic was posted 759 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I was curious and tried a Coin Me ATM in my local mall. Don't bother with them. Not worth it.

First I had to insert my drivers license in the machine. It stayed inside for about 1/2 minute, that got me concerned. I didn't want to lose that. Coin Me created a wallet with my drivers license number as my username. This is where the bitcoin goes. You can't directly send it to another address. I stuck $5 in the machine. About 0.000295 bitcoins it credited to my wallet, or about $4.43. I'm already in the hole for 57 cents of my $5.

I then log into the the Coin Me account It created, thinking I can transfer it to my Coinbase address. Nope. The fee to do that is more than my balance. I couldn't figure out the actual fee, but I think it's several times higher than my balance.

So I'm stuck with a tiny amount of Bitcoin in Coin Me. It's the cost of my research.

Edited by Burgerwars

Interesting view on the intrinsic, high cost, of blockchains that contain value such as bitcoin.

The myth of a cheaper Bitcoin network: a note about transaction processing, currency conversion and Bitcoinland

https://www.ofnumbers.com/2015/02/13/the-myth-of-a-cheaper-bitcoin-network-a-note-about-transaction-processing-currency-conversion-and-bitcoinland/

If the cost to maintain Bitcoin’s infrastructure is zero, so too is the cost to successfully attack and fork it. 

A bit dated but I believe is pretty accurate. Not a pretty picture for cryptocurrencies as is the declining usage by merchants transacting bitcoins.

The last post in this topic was posted 759 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.