Assesset Acceptance Complaint Thread

coreytaz

The last post in this topic was posted 6372 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Can I get everyone who's had a runin with Asset Acceptance to post their experiences. I'm preparing to Sue them for FDPCA and FCRA Violations and am curious what other tricks they have used recently.

4/04 Asset Acceptance Buys account.

5/04 AA pulls hard credit on EX.

6/04 AA sends me letter.

6/04 I immediately dispute request DV

6/04 AA places bill on my credit, EXTUEQ

6/04 AA Verifies to CA.

In all of this AA never sent me anything requested in the DV letter only the same form letter that I owe them plus interest they're charging on the account. They have called me a week after receing the DV demanding payment.

Also the OC SBC has stated they have no record of the account anymore. So nobody seems able to provide me with a copy of the actual bill.

i know i am having extreme hard times with them.they have been "in dispute" for months now.these accounts are over 6 years old,if not 7 and they still wont validate.i got a letter from them for 50% off this old debt,then the next day a letter from the same rep asking me to check mark if i am gonna pay,have no intentions of paying or i acknowledge the debt but want to set up payment arrangements..wtf??? :roll:

Account Name: ASSET ACCEPTANCE LLC

Account Number: XXXXXXXX----

Account Type: Unknown - Credit Extension, Review, Or Collection

Type of Business: Sales Financing Company

Terms: 1 Month

Account Status: Closed

Monthly Payment: $0

Date Open: Apr, 2001

Balance: $1,095

Balance Date: Sep 17, 2004

High Balance: Not reported

Credit Limit/Orig. Amt.: $807

Past Due: $1,095

Remarks: Account in dispute-reported by subscriber

Payment Status: Seriously past due date / assigned to attorney, collection agency, or credit grantor's internal collection department

Account Name: ASSET ACCEPTANCE LLC

Account Number: XXXXXXXX----

Account Type: Unknown - Credit Extension, Review, Or Collection

Type of Business: Sales Financing Company

Terms: 1 Month

Account Status: Closed

Monthly Payment: $0

Date Open: May, 2001

Balance: $610

Balance Date: Sep 17, 2004

High Balance: Not reported

Credit Limit/Orig. Amt.: $422

Past Due: $610

Remarks: Account in dispute-reported by subscriber

Payment Status: Seriously past due date / assigned to attorney, collection agency, or credit grantor's internal collection department

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Edited by Radi8 to remove the last digits of your account numbers.

I disputed my Asset account about 2 years ago, and they are showing it as disputed on my credit reports. However, they also have a "cannot locate creditor" line in there, but they have pulled hards 3 times this year and have sent me correspondence as well. They also have verified with two of the CRAs on this account, even though I have disputed it for 2 years and they have never sent me validation.

• 2 months later...

I am about to start disputing with tem as well, I need to send my DV letter out. I'llbookmark this thread and let you all know how it goes.

Says I owe 5k on my discovercard. Ha, fools...balance was 3k or less before fees and stuff tacked on.

"Not mine letter" anyone?

Sascha

i know i am having extreme hard times with them.they have been "in dispute" for months now.these accounts are over 6 years old,if not 7 and they still wont validate.i got a letter from them for 50% off this old debt,then the next day a letter from the same rep asking me to check mark if i am gonna pay,have no intentions of paying or i acknowledge the debt but want to set up payment arrangements..wtf??? :roll:

Account Name:  ASSET ACCEPTANCE LLC

Account Number:  XXXXXXXX----

Account Type:  Unknown - Credit Extension, Review, Or Collection 

Type of Business:  Sales Financing Company 

Terms:  1 Month 

Account Status:  Closed 

Monthly Payment:  $0 

Date Open:  Apr, 2001 

Balance:  $1,095 

Balance Date:  Sep 17, 2004 

High Balance:  Not reported 

Credit Limit/Orig. Amt.:  $807 

Past Due:  $1,095 

Remarks:  Account in dispute-reported by subscriber   

Payment Status:  Seriously past due date / assigned to attorney, collection agency, or credit grantor's internal collection department 

Account Name:  ASSET ACCEPTANCE LLC

Account Number:  XXXXXXXX----

Account Type:  Unknown - Credit Extension, Review, Or Collection 

Type of Business:  Sales Financing Company 

Terms:  1 Month 

Account Status:  Closed 

Monthly Payment:  $0 

Date Open:  May, 2001 

Balance:  $610 

Balance Date:  Sep 17, 2004 

High Balance:  Not reported 

Credit Limit/Orig. Amt.:  $422 

Past Due:  $610 

Remarks:  Account in dispute-reported by subscriber   

Payment Status:  Seriously past due date / assigned to attorney, collection agency, or credit grantor's internal collection department 

:roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

Edited by Radi8 to remove the last digits of your account numbers.

I am waiting them out....I have sent DV (of course did not receive proper validation back), sent 2nd DV came back unopened (no such address?), filed complaint with the BBB...all to know avail. According to an old EXP report it is scheduled to fall off 8/2005 (exactly 7 years from DOLA) but it disappeared in 12/2004 off of EXP and hasn't reappeared yet. I received one of their "it's tax refund time" letters yesterday it was for a 35% reduction if I pay by 1/31 or 30% if I pay by 2/28....uhhmm I don't think so. I'll wait.

Sad thing is I was willing to pay this until they couldn't provide me documentation stating the arrangement I had made as well as a listing of what the additional $500 in fees was.

I have Asset on one of my reports and they have NEVER sent me a single letter, statement or anything. I just found it on my report. I have sent numerous requests for validation and have been ignored.

I currently have complaints against them with just about everybody I could think of.

On my report, they list that they are collecting for an original creditor that I have never even heard of. I am positive that they placed a fraudulent account on my report.

So, as for now, I'm just waiting to hear back from all of my complaints and then if the item still remains on my reports, I'll be filing a suit for so many violations, it will make their evil heads spin.

The last post in this topic was posted 6372 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.