Please use the Feedback forum for questions about the upgrade.  We will get to them as quickly as possible.

Sign in to follow this  
php111

How do I get removed from ChexSystems?

I have some banks and Credit Unions on my report. Some are paid and some are unpaid. The ones that are unpaid I am working on it to pay them off. How do I get these banks and Credit Unions to remove the accounts? One of the banks I do not know what to do that, should I let it fall off? The account balance was almost $2,000 owed to The Provident Bank of NJ & PA. After they manually reviewed. They got back to me with the good news and the bad news. Good news is they waived the balance and updated to ChexSystems as all monies has been paid. Bad news is I cannot bank with them based on their policies.

Contact the branch manager where you opened the account and negotiate removal.

However, there are no guarantees. Also, double check the report entries for reporting errors.

Edited by tmcgill

I have some banks and Credit Unions on my report. Some are paid and some are unpaid. The ones that are unpaid I am working on it to pay them off. How do I get these banks and Credit Unions to remove the accounts? One of the banks I do not know what to do that, should I let it fall off? The account balance was almost $2,000 owed to The Provident Bank of NJ & PA. After they manually reviewed. They got back to me with the good news and the bad news. Good news is they waived the balance and updated to ChexSystems as all monies has been paid. Bad news is I cannot bank with them based on their policies.

1st get your chexsystems report....then write a notarized affidavit reporting the items and send to em.. f them

If you are going to pay, try negotiating a Pay For Delete with a branch manager where you opened the account. Full delete is always a long shot. If they won't delete, get them to update the account to Paid. Many banks and credit unions will approve if no funds are owed.

Chexsystems reports for 5 years. Unless the bank agrees to remove the negative reporting, it will remain there until it falls off.

Did you carefully review your report for any errors?