Sign in to follow this  
pendleton94

Used 2015 hybrid

Was just curious if anyone owns a hybrid and knew about how long the hybrid battery lasted?

Was looking at a 2015 Lexus with 30k miles. The website says it is Lexus certified. Looks like an additional 2yr warranty.

Was just curious if anyone owns a hybrid and knew about how long the hybrid battery lasted?

Was looking at a 2015 Lexus with 30k miles. The website says it is Lexus certified. Looks like an additional 2yr warranty.

They should last a while since Toyota has a serious amount of experience with them.

Hyundai offers a lifetime hybrid battery warranty, Kia 150,000 miles.

There is a California law mandates certain hybrids have a minimum 10 yr /150,000 mile warranty on applicable vehicles batteries. Might want to google that up and see if it applies in your case

GF's Prius, bought in 2002, needed a new battery in 2015. She said Toyota service peeps expected about 10 years of life on average.

Look up how much replacement is before relying on a warranty

Cow-orkers had their hybrid batteries replaced on a Prius and it ended up being about $3500. YMMV

Meanwhile my coal burner with 376,000 miles on it has a battery that cost around $100....

Meanwhile my coal burner with 376,000 miles on it has a battery that cost around $100....

Coal burner? What year is the vehicle? :-)

2002, bought it with my enlistment bonus... Driving it to Michigan tomorrow

Ex Wife's Hyundai Sonata friend at 30k. She was pissed lol

Why? It's free.

They had to order one and for some reason it took two weeks to get it in. Also Hyundai doesn't have a loaner program so it to some major "Bit'''" before the dealer would cough up a car.

Only if you are the one that got to enjoy the original tax incentives or gives you access to a commuter lane you need. Otherwise hybrids are junk compliance cars.

Only if you are the one that got to enjoy the original tax incentives or gives you access to a commuter lane you need. Otherwise hybrids are junk compliance cars.

Gf's was largely for the car pool lane access. That was in force for over a decade but was discontinued in CA a few years ago. Now only electric vehicles can use the lanes without pax.

Gf's was largely for the car pool lane access. That was in force for over a decade but was discontinued in CA a few years ago. Now only electric vehicles can use the lanes without pax.
I can use the HOV lanes solo in my Fusion Plug In Hybrid Electric (that I never plug in). So can Hydrogen vehicles. And Natural Gas. Edited by Konrad2012

I can use the HOV lanes solo in my Fusion Plug In Hybrid Electric (that I never plug in). So can Hydrogen vehicles. And Natural Gas.

Ah yes. I stand corrected. Electric, natural gas and plug in hybrids that can be run electrically can be used in HOV. They are set to expire in Jan 2019 but CA was recently considering extending them. Don't know it that has happened.

I can use the HOV lanes solo in my Fusion Plug In Hybrid Electric (that I never plug in). So can Hydrogen vehicles. And Natural Gas.

Ah yes. I stand corrected. Electric, natural gas and plug in hybrids that can be run electrically can be used in HOV. They are set to expire in Jan 2019 but CA was recently considering extending them. Don't know it that has happened.

White Stickers are for ILEV's as determined by the Feds. Electric, Fuel Cell, LP and NG. Green stickers are basically for plug in hybrids. I'd have to go back to my DMV paperwork and see what the Green sticker technical names are. One was Transition Zero Emmisions, the other was something different.

Jan 2019 is indeed the expiration date, but I would expect to see that extended (again). In fact I might need to write some email to State Reps now that I think about it reminding them.

They should last a while since Toyota has a serious amount of experience with them.

Hyundai offers a lifetime hybrid battery warranty, Kia 150,000 miles.

There is a California law mandates certain hybrids have a minimum 10 yr /150,000 mile warranty on applicable vehicles batteries. Might want to google that up and see if it applies in your case

Thanks K man.

Sorry for late reply. I didnt know my post was moved. I thought it the site took it down since I didnt see it in the main forum.