Journey from 530 to 700+

repairing

The last post in this topic was posted 1643 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Plan of Action

• contact EX, EQ and TU to remove the consumer disputes account verbiage

I've never heard of contacting the CRA's & asking to have this type of notation removed...I guess I didn't realize it could be done. Would anyone be willing to explain how you'd do this...would it technically be a 'dispute' and, if so, would the better strategy be to call it in or to mail it CMRRR?

Just to clarify...I have multiple charged-off accounts, all unfortunately within SOL, that list either "consumer disputes after resolution...OR...consumer disputes following resolution" in the 'account comments' portion of my reports. Target apparently feels it important to list both :angry:

Any tips on how to potentially get this type of notation removed would be gladly entertained.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plan of Action

• contact EX, EQ and TU to remove the consumer disputes account verbiage

I've never heard of contacting the CRA's & asking to have this type of notation removed...I guess I didn't realize it could be done. Would anyone be willing to explain how you'd do this...would it technically be a 'dispute' and, if so, would the better strategy be to call it in or to mail it CMRRR?

Just to clarify...I have multiple charged-off accounts, all unfortunately within SOL, that list either "consumer disputes after resolution...OR...consumer disputes following resolution" in the 'account comments' portion of my reports. Target apparently feels it important to list both :angry:

Any tips on how to potentially get this type of notation removed would be gladly entertained.

From my understanding, it is as simple as just calling them on the phone.

"Hi I was calling to get the account in dispute comment removed from XXXX account because, for now, I am not disputing the information as being reported."

I would then ask that they send an updated credit report and go from there.

• 2 weeks later...

Repairing, congratulations and thank you for the updates I enjoyed reading them. Especially since I have not kept up with Creditboards and am regretting my being so lax. It truly doesn't pay and I know better than to ignore my reports - from the excellent advise I have received from this board.

However, I have one question, how the heck did you get 9 charge-offs deleted from Equifax so quickly?

I don't know if you saw this link included in a post today with all of the contact data from numerous reporting agencies. If not,

https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.consumerfinance.gov/f/documents/cfpb_consumer-reporting-companies-list.pdf

Keep up the good work!

Repairing, congratulations and thank you for the updates I enjoyed reading them. Especially since I have not kept up with Creditboards and am regretting my being so lax. It truly doesn't pay and I know better than to ignore my reports - from the excellent advise I have received from this board.

However, I have one question, how the heck did you get 9 charge-offs deleted from Equifax so quickly?

I don't know if you saw this link included in a post today with all of the contact data from numerous reporting agencies. If not,

https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.consumerfinance.gov/f/documents/cfpb_consumer-reporting-companies-list.pdf

Keep up the good work!

Blind luck. I did a blanket dispute online. From what I have learned with Experian and TransUnion. This may not have been the best approach.

I may still have an Ace in my pocket with Transunion, since I have proof they took almost 4 months to conclude a dispute.

Next week I think I am going to draft a federal lawsuit and attach it to a demand letter.

• 3 weeks later...

Equifax reporting 686

Applied for DCU unsecured visa with the mistake of having report frozen. Resulted in a manual review and denial.

Applied online for Best Buy Visa and approved for $2,000 after a short call to verify my identity.

This is my first unsecured card. Not the greatest, but with equifax as my cleanest report, I didnt have much options.

It should be useful with promos for appliances when I start flipping houses next year.

Edited by repairing

The last post in this topic was posted 1643 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.