Cindy had just discovered that Jerry had a secret credit card account that he’d been using for buying things that he didn’t want Cindy to know about.

hegemony

The last post in this topic was posted 1529 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

They were already in marriage counseling before the bill was discovered.

This would have been a much more interesting story if they had listed what the purchases were and how big the balance was.

Due to the facts that are conspicuously absent, I am going to assume that Cindy is a prying shrew.

They were already in marriage counseling before the bill was discovered.

This would have been a much more interesting story if they had listed what the purchases were and how big the balance was.

Due to the facts that are conspicuously absent, I am going to assume that Cindy is a prying shrew.

I was sympathetic towards Cindy until I read down further. Run Jerry, Run. Each day you wait is one less day in the rest of your life.

He had the secret account so he could buy stuff without being questioned.

This is what happens when one person becomes overly controlling with the finances, treating their significant other like a child.

Esp if the Significant other works (and maybe even if he/she doesn't) they deserve to be able to spend some $ without being accountable for every penny.

Yes, some people are out of control with spending(there is no mention of that here specifically.. just the secret account) - but a person should be able to buy a pack of gum without being questioned.

I got out of a marriage 20 years ago because ex was too controlling over ALL of the money.. his/mine/ours.

I am neither a "spender" or a "saver" but I hover somewhere in the middle. He was the only one allowed to "spend".. and everything else was to be "saved".

I, too, had a secret credit card ...

wasn't too secret during the divorce proceedings though. ;-)

The last post in this topic was posted 1529 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.