Sign in to follow this  
AnnMichele

Capital One - PC and Secured Card Upgrade

It has been a while since I have posted here. I know. Life has been rather crazy lately for me. Sorry!

So, my question obviously has to do with Capital One. I opened a secured card with them a few years ago; it is currently my oldest card. At that time, they had a $29 AF for the secured card. When I found out that new cards had $0 AF, a couple years later, I called and complained getting that year waived and was told that it would be waived from then on.

This past July I got an email from them saying that they upgraded my card from secured to unsecured and they refunded my deposit. Wonderful! So I think I now have a new card, their unsecured Platinum Mastercard, and that terms and conditions are different. Well, fast forward to today, I see an AF on my card. I called telling that it was wrong and was told that that was correct and that they couldn't go back to last year’s call and verify what the CSR told me. I asked about a PC and they stated that they only do upgrades and that all my terms and conditions would stay the same. I told them that that was the most ridiculous thing I ever heard and that it made no sense at all. How can you get a new card and still be locked into an old card’s terms and conditions? I told them I might just close the card instead. It is a measly $500, and why in the world would I pay an AF on card with no real rewards and benefits. He said that they can upgrade me to the QS, which has rewards, but I would still have to pay the $29 AF even though that card doesn’t have one.WTH?!

Has anyone has success with doing a PC with Capital One? If not, do you think I should just close it. This is so stupid to me!

1. Always nice to see you

2. Call back and talk to someone else

3. If #2 doesn't work call back and ask for a supervisor

4. If #3 doesn't work send an email or a letter outlining your position to the CapOne Executive Office

5. Did I mention that it's always nice to see you?

Love K

1. Always nice to see you

2. Call back and talk to someone else

3. If #2 doesn't work call back and ask for a supervisor

4. If #3 doesn't work send an email or a letter outlining your position to the CapOne Executive Office

5. Did I mention that it's always nice to see you?

Love K

Konrad, I love you! Today more than any other day. It has been a horrible day, but seeing your reply on my post made it somewhat better.

I was just texting pwd and he said to contact the EO too. I had spoken to the CSR, then she transferred me to a supervisor who spoke the same nonsense. I told them they were wrong and they didn't believe me.

C1 EO is great and it's the only way to get anything done.

they can remove the AF permanently and/or PC the card to something useful like a QS.

Or, just click the link

doesn't always work.

Upgrade Not Available

Unfortunately, this upgrade is no longer available. This could be for a variety of reasons, including your account going into a default, restricted, closed, or changed status since we initially sent you this offer.

C1 EO is great and it's the only way to get anything done.

they can remove the AF permanently and/or PC the card to something useful like a QS.

I couldnt find a number so I emailed them.

I am not understanding how terms and conditions are applied to the account and not as opposed to the card. Is that even legal??

I think the customer facing EO number is nerfed.

They ended up calling me. They will be looking into the case. I guess we will see what happens.

This is just a joke to me. I have a card that is close to 30K. Capital One is by far the card with the least amount of money. It is absurd. I almost don't even card about the limit it is that stupid AF. How that is justifiable is beyond me.

They ended up calling me. They will be looking into the case. I guess we will see what happens.

You emailed the EO. They called back. I predict an outcome that benefits you.

Good luck and please do keep us updated on how it turns out. The waiting is the hard part!! But we're here at CB to help you through it.

You're sweet. Thank you!

You emailed the EO. They called back. I predict an outcome that benefits you.

If it isn't, will you call them on my behalf, Konrad?? I am sure you could work something out for me.

I still have a Crap1 secured card. From October of 2015. I think sometime in 2016 or maybe 2017 they changed the policy on the secured cards to where they would graduate but the older ones are stuck. I'm seriously ready to just cancel it. I had so little credit when I got that card and picked up quite a bit more a few months later in 2016 that it is not going to hurt me that bad to cancel it. In April the following year they gave me a Crapital Quicksilver One. That and my Target card would be my oldest TL's.

If it isn't, will you call them on my behalf, Konrad?? I am sure you could work something out for me.

I'm sure we can work something out ;)

I still have a Crap1 secured card. From October of 2015. I think sometime in 2016 or maybe 2017 they changed the policy on the secured cards to where they would graduate but the older ones are stuck. I'm seriously ready to just cancel it. I had so little credit when I got that card and picked up quite a bit more a few months later in 2016 that it is not going to hurt me that bad to cancel it. In April the following year they gave me a Crapital Quicksilver One. That and my Target card would be my oldest TL's.

I got my card 3 years ago and it was unsecured this past July. I never asked about it, they just did it, so there is hope for you too.

The downside is that if you have the card with the AF, like I do, even if it unsecures you will have to pay an AF.

I got a call back from the EO and she told that she could not find anything in past calls that promised me that they would remove the AF from my account. However, she said that she reviewed my account and the decision was made to remove the AF moving forward. The fee will be credited back to me and I will receive a new terms and conditions reflecting the change.

I guess that means that I will keep the card open, even if it is a measly $500. I didn't think that then was the time to push an increase as well. I will wait a few months.

Are you guys listening to me??? lol! DO A PRODUCT CONVERSION!

Did you even read my original message?

I stated that even with doing a PC the AF would remain because they said the terms and conditions applied to the entire account, regardless of the card I got. Doing a PC meant nothing. Hence me having to contact the EO and complaining.

It might be unrelated ? but.... I got a pretty big Auto CLI on my Capital One card just today. Very unexpected, and very welcome. I promptly PIFed it, and my revolving credit is now down to $0. Pretty major. :yahoo:

It might be unrelated ? but.... I got a pretty big Auto CLI on my Capital One card just today. Very unexpected, and very welcome. I promptly PIFed it, and my revolving credit is now down to $0. Pretty major. :yahoo:

That is great for you! Sometimes the companies like to surprise us and give us increases for good behavior. It is always a plus. :)

I got a call back from the EO and she told that she could not find anything in past calls that promised me that they would remove the AF from my account. However, she said that she reviewed my account and the decision was made to remove the AF moving forward. The fee will be credited back to me and I will receive a new terms and conditions reflecting the change.

Told you it would work out ;)

Told you it would work out ;)

You were right, Konrad! Can you also make a statement that I will find a beautiful, affordable house, the love of my life, and a nice raise in May? ;) From your lips to God's ears.