Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Huge amount of debt off...score didnt change?

The last post in this topic was posted 980 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

HI there!

My husband and I have been working really hard on our credit. We recently had the two largest items on my husbands credit removed. One for about 6500K and the other around 10K. We disputed them both (since they did have inaccuracies) and both were removed! His credit score didnt budge. A measly 4 points. This was a large portion of the debt he had. Can you tell me why the score didnt move? What did we do wrong?

Give it time. Patience "Grasshopper" :)

Congrats on getting those negative items removed. :)

Maybe you could explain who and what they were and how you got them removed because you may be able to help others ijn a similar situation.

The big score bump comes when the final negative item is removed.

What other negatives remain?

Are there positive, open accounts?

The big score bump comes when the final negative item is removed.

What other negatives remain?

Are there positive, open accounts?

+1

My guess is it was really old and did not have a huge impact on your score. You also probably lost some AAOA.

This. Same thing happen to me. Old negative TLs don't have to much impact on the credit. I remember when I had my first negative item removed. My score dropped.

Gotta look at this in the long run .. you got something off. It's for the better.

The fact that it was not the last negative has way more to do with it than a change in AAOA or the age of the negative.

Even a single 30 day late can result in a 60+ point increase when it falls off after 7 years if it is the only negative.

First off, welcome to CB! I'm sure it will get sorted in no time flat.

And echoing the above, need to see the whole picture, with what's left, both positive and negative.

Edited by Zanshiro

1. The amounts of the CO debts have no bearing on your scores. 10 x $500 debts are the same as 10 x $10000 from a scoring perspective.

2. Every single debt doesn't carry the same weight. Otherwise people would have -1000 scores. The first one is the worst, and then they pile on in increments.

The last post in this topic was posted 980 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.