Take Alliant 3% 1st Year 2.5% Rest Cashback Card Offer?

credit_help

The last post in this topic was posted 1854 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I received an email offer from Alliant CU for the card. I already have their Platinum Rewards Visa. I just finished a 0% BT offer on this card. Should I just change to this new card or apply for the new card and combine later? But the email starts with “You’re invited to upgrade to Alliant Cashback Signature Visa.” There is no link to online app but only a toll free number to call.

Did anyone else take the offer?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by credit_help

Does Alliant combine limits?

Can you downgrade later?

From the comments on DoC, it looks like answer is yes to both of your questions.

Considerations:

Keeping this card with the $59 AF in year two will require you to spend $11,800 on it at 2.5% just to break even with a no-fee 2% card. The downgrade is your exit strategy if this isn't realistic.

The only other thing I you might consider is whether or not they also do 0% BT offers on the upgraded card. Not sure if this something you do routinely or if it's important to you.

Can you downgrade later?

From the comments on DoC, it looks like answer is yes to both of your questions.

Considerations:

Keeping this card with the $59 AF in year two will require you to spend $11,800 on it at 2.5% just to break even with a no-fee 2% card. The downgrade is your exit strategy if this isn't realistic.

The only other thing I you might consider is whether or not they also do 0% BT offers on the upgraded card. Not sure if this something you do routinely or if it's important to you.

Thanks CV. It’s better than my Fidelity Rewards Visa for the first year at least. I’m not sure if they would offer any additional 0% APR and 0% fee BT offers on the current or new card. I have a BofA Platinum Plus BT card with same BT offer. Actually I just moved balance from my Alliant CU Platinum Visa. :-)

I have a month to take the offer.

Can you downgrade later?

Considerations:

Thanks CV. It’s better than my Fidelity Rewards Visa for the first year at least. I’m not sure if they would offer any additional 0% APR and 0% fee BT offers on the current or new card. I have a BofA Platinum Plus BT card with same BT offer. Actually I just moved balance from my Alliant CU Platinum Visa. :-)

Sounds like it would be worthwhile.

Can you downgrade later?

Considerations:

Sounds like it would be worthwhile.

I read that they did a $400 SUB in the past. :-) Anyone get any offers with a SUB?

P.S: Did you get to deliver the gift (Turkish Delight?) to your SO yet?

Edited by credit_help

Gift?

I was referring to your post:

9cce18bca8cc9c9c466ebebccfa16d63--turkis

I think it was an older thread that got bumped.

Oh, that gift. :D

I'm meeting him at his arrival gate at MIA in 45 minutes. I'm today's gift.

Those look like donuts with chocolate filling in the donut holes.

Nice. It’s in 80s there in MIA. Hopefully, no ball stickage. :-)

Gift?

I was referring to your post:

9cce18bca8cc9c9c466ebebccfa16d63--turkis

I think it was an older thread that got bumped.

Oh, that gift. :D

I'm meeting him at his arrival gate at MIA in 45 minutes. I'm today's gift.

Those look like donuts with chocolate filling in the donut holes.

Nice. It’s in 80s there in MIA. Hopefully, no ball stickage. :-)

The stickage began on the way to the rental car facility. :(

It looks like a nice deal, but if you compare it to other unlimited cash back on everything cards it seems kind of mediocre. For example, if you compare it to a Cap1 QS (1.5%, $150 SUB for $500 spend) then you have to spend $10k for the same bonus, and that’s not even the most exciting comparison card out there. If you’re planning on spending a ton in the next year it may be worthwhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never seen an alliant SUB as rich as mentioned in this thread. The standard visa has had one from time to time but it was never over $150.

the fact ACU goes to 100k is another attractive feature for some. I've never had a charge rejected by alliant... can't say the same for elan or crap1.

note that for a non-M$er like me, the alliant at 2.5% makes sense over non-AF 2% cards after about 3 weeks a year.

I have never seen an alliant SUB as rich as mentioned in this thread. The standard visa has had one from time to time but it was never over $150.

the fact ACU goes to 100k is another attractive feature for some. I've never had a charge rejected by alliant... can't say the same for elan or crap1.

note that for a non-M$er like me, the alliant at 2.5% makes sense over non-AF 2% cards after about 3 weeks a year.

I got $500 for the 2% no AF Visa in Jan. 2016 (it was only 1.5% at the time but I took it because I'm a SUBwhore). Min spend was $2500.

I got $500 for the 2% no AF Visa in Jan. 2016 (it was only 1.5% at the time but I took it because I'm a SUBwhore). Min spend was $2500.
Nice SUB.

I was depositing some cash at my local Chase branch. Teller said I had an offer for CC. Applied for Freedom and was approved for $19.8K with $300 SUB for $500 spend in 3 months. Already showing up in my account management online.

Thinking of waiting for a better SUB for Alliant CC. :-)

Looks like there’s a targeted offer with $250 SUB.

[Targeted] Alliant 25,000 Point Bonus On Visa Platinum Rewards Card

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/targeted-alliant-25000-point-bonus-visa-platinum-rewards-card/"]https://www.doctorofcredit.com/targeted-alliant-25000-point-bonus-visa-platinum-rewards-card/

Edited by credit_help

The last post in this topic was posted 1854 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.