My wife received a phone call from a CA for a medical debt, they have a typo in her address which is why she never received anything from them

The last post in this topic was posted 1258 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

All,

The subject says it all. My wife called the OC who gave her an email to send her questions to. She asked them if they could contact the CA and ask them to pull the debt back and they said no. We checked and the item has not appeared on her credit report yet.

I was going to follow WhyChat's HIPAA dispute process but since the item has not appeared on her credit report yet I wasn't sure if we should still follow it.

I was thinking that we could simply pay the OC, then that way the CA would not have a valid business reason to report the item on her credit report. But I am afraid if we do pay the OC they might simply mail the check to the CA who would then report the item as a paid debt.

Any suggestions? My wife and I both have credit scores over 750 now and a ding like this would be a huge hit.

Bunyan

Opt Out and get your real credit reports if you haven't already done so. If you have not moved since the date of medical service there is no need to delete old addresses.

https://whychat.me/GUIDEBOOK.html

Have you received anything in writing from the "calling" CA?? They are required by law to mail you a request for payment within 5 business days of the call

What was the date of medical service??

Check your EOMBs ( explanation of medical benefits) from your insurance Co. Make sure the service was properly submitted to your insurance and that your insurance paid what was due. ( and look to see what was left as "patient responsibility"

If it was VERY recent ( within the past 2 years) and you are SURE you actually owe the amount requested AND your insurance paid what it was supposed to pay then you can pay the correct amount directly to the OC. ( Ask on your next post for instructions on how to do that--the instructions will depend on your answers to the above questions)

If it is OVER 2 years ago, then send the CA the medical DV

https://whychat.me/ltrcavalhipaa.html

Hi WhyChat,

Thanks for the reply. We have not moved since the date of medical service, She has not received anything in the mail yet, and when she spoke with the CA she never verified she was the person they were trying to reach, she hung up on them. (After she spoke with them, she called the OC who informed her they had an incorrect address for her. Instead of 3805 for the house number they had 385. The OC also told her they were trying to remove it but they had to get manager approval, etc)

I think the date of Medical Service was 4/2015. My wife is no longer with that insurer so she is going to try to get a copy of the EOMB tonight when she gets home.It may not be until tomorrow or the next day though.

I doubt very much that the OC will be able to remove it from the CA as it is unlikely that the CA ever received it from the OC. This was more than likely paid by your insurance long ago and any possible bill sent to any wrong address was written off and wound up with a JDB (junk debt buyer) who obtained it from a data miner.

Send the medical DV to the CA--assuming you know their name and address and assuming they ever send you anything in writing.

The last post in this topic was posted 1258 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.