Barclaycards - Move Limits

steelers1

The last post in this topic was posted 1923 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

What would be the best number to call to combine my DW's Rewards card limit into her new Aviator? Not sure if the regular customer service number would work.

TIA

She should still leave $500-$1K on the Rewards.

Do you think she should leave the Rewards card open?

She hardly uses it.

If she has better rewards cards, let it go.

I moved the limit from mine onto my Aviator and closed it, and I did the same thing with my Sallie Mae card right before they converted that thing from a useful card into a tragic pile of feckies.

Edited by cv91915

I keep mine open and auto pay my cell phone bill with it. It's not a bad card and it has no AF. JMHO

If she has better rewards cards, let it go.

I moved the limit from mine onto my Aviator and closed it, and I did the same thing with my Sallie Mae card right before they converted that thing from a useful card into a tragic pile of feckies.

She recently got the Alliant 3% CB card (in the first year).

She uses that for everything except gas she has a 5% CB card.

It was a great card for us but now that she has better options I don't think it makes sense to keep it around.

The one thing it may be worth keeping for is: if she is looking to unload the fee down the road it may be a good place to move the available credit too. Closing it doesn't have much upside unless you are committed to AA until hell freezes over.

The one thing it may be worth keeping for is: if she is looking to unload the fee down the road it may be a good place to move the available credit too. Closing it doesn't have much upside unless you are committed to AA until hell freezes over.

Good point Mec I didn't think of that.

What would be the best number to call to combine my DW's Rewards card limit into her new Aviator? Not sure if the regular customer service number would work.

TIA

She should still leave $500-$1K on the Rewards.

Do you think she should leave the Rewards card open?

She hardly uses it.

It's a no AF card with a couple 2% categories.

I also see in your sig that you've had a BK, which your wife might have as well. I'd keep all the trades open that I could to offset that BK and keep building positive history for all the bad things that will disappear.

And there is the possibility she can PC to the Uber card if that means anything to you https://www.uber.com/c/uber-credit-card/

All three times I combined limits with Barclays I did so through Secure Message

Did you ask them to combine one card into the other completely or did you specify an amount to move from one card to another?

Twice I closed donor card completely (had to leave behind $500), once I just moved like half the line.

The last post in this topic was posted 1923 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.