Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  
KLWMVA

Synchrony Bank Card Security Refund lower than Quoted

This message is 749 days old.  We'd prefer it if you'd start a new topic instead of replying to this one.

Hi. In reviewing my parents finances I noticed a Store Credit card had the Card Security fee. We called last week to have it removed and in asking how long she had been paying the fee the rep asked her questions and at the end told her she would refund the charges she had paid since 2006. The next day her card showed a refund that was less than quoted. Has anyone had experience with this, is this their normal business practice? We did not ask for a refund, only asked how long she had been paying the fee and if they have no intention of paying the full amount quoted I guess I wonder why tell us the full amount? We called back yesterday and that rep also quoted the higher value had been submitted and they put in a request for a call back. Just wondering if they have no intention of paying the higher amount or they are hoping we don't call back for the full value but will provide it with some work required on our part? If anyone has had a similar experience with this would love to hear your experience.

Not uncommon for one component of an entity to have no clue what another is doing...and if there is a limit to how far back a refund will be issued, then it does not mean they would program the computer to stop at a defined number of months.

But just as, for example, prosecution in theft cases can only go back X number of months even when the conduct occurred for Y number, the same issue is likely coming into play on these refunds. Or, as Aragon was told today when a writ was denied by the TxCCA, there is no explanation for why there was no action taken for the prolonged period of time (in his case, it was the decision not to seek an appeal for 11 1/2 years)...if the fees were being taken for nearly a decade, why has it taken so long to realize they were being taken? The failure to act can carry a consequence...

Centex I don't disagree with anything you wrote. I also have the question on paying the fee for so long and understand they may not pay more than a specified time. I had read after finding the fee that some folks had been provided a year of refunds after calling and was quite surprised by what we were told in terms of refund. We may not receive the amount we were told, I was just curious if anyone had a similar experience.

This message is 749 days old.  We'd prefer it if you'd start a new topic instead of replying to this one.