Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Denied Amazon - Synchrony recon possible?

I was denied an Amazon Store Card a few days ago for what I thought was a shoe-in. I just now got the response letter. Only reason: "Number of recent inquiries."

My scores are 775+, a very thick file, and I already have a long standing Synchrony Lowes and Walmart cards with decent limits. Other than their own inquiry, I have 3 others from this year. 2 very recent in which I obtained 2 CU cards (not yet reporting).

I really wanted the Amazon card for the 5% statement credits since I have a Prime account and have been shopping there quite a bit. Anyone know if it's possible for Synchrony/Credit Solutions to recon this decision?

There's very few denials in the credit pulls database for this card, and I'm about to add one with a 775. lol

Edited by Jon77

Update: Denied, denied, denied!

I called the Sync UW number, and made sure by asking for an UW. Sounded like they are still in India. I thought the UW office was in the US?

Anyways, he stated their policy is to NEVER discuss the decision, no matter how I worded my questions. lol I was getting nowhere with him about anything personal.

I then asked if the denial letter could have potentially left out any other reason for denial, and he insisted the letter shows the only reasons (inquiries) for denial. (Que Poto insisting on other reasons)

I then asked about how long I should give before re-applying and he wanted to give me the number to TU's office. Probably thinking I should wait 2yrs for them to drop off. I rephrased the question and all he could tell me was to reapply later.

When searching, I only found 1 or 2 people discussing Sync recons without success. I had to confirm for myself and it's definitely like hitting a brick wall when it comes to recons with Sync. Just a whole lot of "can't comment" and "can't confirm".

So on to the good news! After discussing my denial, I asked him to increase my Lowes card limit, currently at $20k. He asked by how much and I replied with $35k. He came back approved! Not a total waste of a phone call.

LOl same thing happened to my wife. She was approved Walmart 700 and called underwriting and got it to 10k. Applied for lowes a few days later and had 3 inquiries before that and denied at 743 TU. The letter says too many inquiries so they must be cracking down.

How long if denied at Lowes can you re apply? Also if denied at Lowes will they deny you at Sams/Walmart? The reason I was denied at Lowes was because the Lowes CSR didn’t know what she was doing AT ALL and put my income of 25k way off. Called to recon and tried to explain what happened and was told wait for mail. Mail states debt to income Duh. Not trying to hijack your thread but I figured it’s easier to put it in her. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

How long if denied at Lowes can you re apply? Also if denied at Lowes will they deny you at Sams/Walmart? The reason I was denied at Lowes was because the Lowes CSR didn’t know what she was doing AT ALL and put my income of 25k way off. Called to recon and tried to explain what happened and was told wait for mail. Mail states debt to income Duh. Not trying to hijack your thread but I figured it’s easier to put it in her. Thank you

Apply online, not in-store.

I was denied an Amazon Store Card a few days ago for what I thought was a shoe-in. I just now got the response letter. Only reason: "Number of recent inquiries."

My scores are 775+, a very thick file, and I already have a long standing Synchrony Lowes and Walmart cards with decent limits. Other than their own inquiry, I have 3 others from this year. 2 very recent in which I obtained 2 CU cards (not yet reporting).

I really wanted the Amazon card for the 5% statement credits since I have a Prime account and have been shopping there quite a bit. Anyone know if it's possible for Synchrony/Credit Solutions to recon this decision?

There's very few denials in the credit pulls database for this card, and I'm about to add one with a 775. lol

Is there a specific reason you're not applying for the Chase Amazon card which also gives the same 5%?

Is there a specific reason you're not applying for the Chase Amazon card which also gives the same 5%?

Well, I did think after having good relations with Sync, it would be an "automatic approval". lol Even though they both tend to give low limits to start, Sync is much better at CLI's. They are always soft pulls and the CLI's increase in greater increments and far faster.

Interesting about your thick file and pre-existing relationship. You can always try again in a couple months.

The US Bank Cash + card also gives 5% at Amazon, FWIW. Choose the bookstore category and buy gift cards. Might have a quarterly limit. I think Ive read recently that there is now a small Sign Up Bonus with the card. And you can do another 5% category, too, like sporting goods.

MP

Interesting about your thick file and pre-existing relationship. You can always try again in a couple months.

The US Bank Cash + card also gives 5% at Amazon, FWIW. Choose the bookstore category and buy gift cards. Might have a quarterly limit. I think Ive read recently that there is now a small Sign Up Bonus with the card. And you can do another 5% category, too, like sporting goods.

MP

Looks like a good one to have with decent starting limits. I'll read more into it. Thanks.

I started with a Flex Perks Visa and Flex Perks AmEx. Each had a ~$200 Sign Up Bonus. Was able to Product Change both into Cash + cards. (The visa took 4 different attempts over 12 months). Now I have 2 no fee cards, and can take advantage of 4 different 5% cash back categories. Im a satisfied customer.

It is definitely fussier than a straight-up 5% Amazon card. Theres a quarterly limit. You need to re-sign up each quarter. And you need to buy electronic gift cards, add the card funds to your Amazon account, then use the account to order things. Just FYI.

If you havent had US Bank cards before, read up on freezing SageStream/ARS/IDA. The recommendations change sometimes.

MP

Edited by moneypyts

How long if denied at Lowes can you re apply? Also if denied at Lowes will they deny you at Sams/Walmart? The reason I was denied at Lowes was because the Lowes CSR didn’t know what she was doing AT ALL and put my income of 25k way off. Called to recon and tried to explain what happened and was told wait for mail. Mail states debt to income Duh.

That's why you fill out and submit your own applications.

Are you going to start hating on Synchrony now?

MP

The Chase Ink+ and Ink Cash are an easy way to get 5% cash back at Amazon going the gift card route at office supplies. I am willing to forgo the purchase protections of a credit card when buying paper towels and cat food from Amazon.

Do they have a better rate of approval over the Syncony one?

How long if denied at Lowes can you re apply? Also if denied at Lowes will they deny you at Sams/Walmart? The reason I was denied at Lowes was because the Lowes CSR didn’t know what she was doing AT ALL and put my income of 25k way off. Called to recon and tried to explain what happened and was told wait for mail. Mail states debt to income Duh.

That's why you fill out and submit your own applications.

Yeah I just learned the hard way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Are you going to troll every one of my threads?

If you read my post, you'd see they made up for the denial on the same phone call by handing me an additional $15k on my Lowes for a combined $35k. I wouldn't have hated them either way. As previously stated, I'll probably reapply at a later date.

I started with a Flex Perks Visa and Flex Perks AmEx. Each had a ~$200 Sign Up Bonus. Was able to Product Change both into Cash + cards. (The visa took 4 different attempts over 12 months). Now I have 2 no fee cards, and can take advantage of 4 different 5% cash back categories. Im a satisfied customer.

It is definitely fussier than a straight-up 5% Amazon card. Theres a quarterly limit. You need to re-sign up each quarter. And you need to buy electronic gift cards, add the card funds to your Amazon account, then use the account to order things. Just FYI.

If you havent had US Bank cards before, read up on freezing SageStream/ARS/IDA. The recommendations change sometimes.

MP

Honestly, I'm not wanting to spend extra time making purchases by juggling GC's and categories. Just want to add the card to checkout and click once.

Edited by Jon77

Do they have a better rate of approval over the Syncony one?

No, much harder to get in with Chase.

If you read my post, you'd see they made up for the denial on the same phone call by handing me an additional $15k on my Lowes for a combined $35k. I wouldn't have hated them either way. As previously stated, I'll probably reapply at a later date.

So they denied you for a product that would have given you utility (because of course you've been touting Sync and their 5% discounts that are associated with their CC's), but "made up for the denial" by giving you a CLI on a Lowes card that you are never going to use the $35K limit on and you're ok with that?

I'd rather have a $2K credit limit on a card that I can utilize for 5% back than a $35K card that is good for thumping my chest over. But I don't have a fragile ego so we are just different.

So they denied you for a product that would have given you utility (because of course you've been touting Sync and their 5% discounts that are associated with their CC's), but "made up for the denial" by giving you a CLI on a Lowes card that you are never going to use the $35K limit on and you're ok with that?

I'd rather have a $2K credit limit on a card that I can utilize for 5% back than a $35K card that is good for thumping my chest over. But I don't have a fragile ego so we are just different.

It made up for the loss of time and phone call. I can always reapply later to get the 5% card. I'm not ecstatic about it, but not going to throw a tantrum either like you tend to do on all my posts.

Alright, I said screw it and shot for the Chase/Amazon instead. Still get 5% on Amazon as well. I knew it may be harder to acquire, but I know my scores are decent and there just HAD to be something odd with Sync denying me. I'm not one to take defeat. Must be that "ego" that Connie mentioned.

Approved for $4,500!!! In addition, they threw a $70 giftcard in my cart. Hellooooo 5% rewards. :yu:

Alright, I said screw it and shot for the Chase/Amazon instead. Still get 5% on Amazon as well. I knew it may be harder to acquire, but I know my scores are decent and there just HAD to be something odd with Sync denying me. I'm not one to take defeat. Must be that "ego" that Connie mentioned.

Approved for $4,500!!! In addition, they threw a $70 giftcard in my cart. Hellooooo 5% rewards. :yu:

Sweet revenge.