Approved for PenFed 15K!

The last post in this topic was posted 1440 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I joined Penfed ages ago with a dirty report. Never get any preapproved offers. Was declined a few times for cards, and finally got a Penfed Promise card on recon 2 years ago that I never use because it is useless (I don't carry balances).

I recently paid off my house and it is showing paid on my credit report, so I figured I'd try to get a real card from Penfed.

Approved for $15K on the Penfed Power Cash! Didn't even need to recon this time. Opened up a checking account so I can get the 2% cashback.

Finally have a decent limit 2% cashback card. I have the Citi DoubleCash, but the limit is low and I'm constantly charging it up and paying it off.

I wonder if PenFed will start giving me preapproved offers now?

I joined Penfed ages ago with a dirty report. Never get any preapproved offers. Was declined a few times for cards, and finally got a Penfed Promise card on recon 2 years ago that I never use because it is useless (I don't carry balances).

I recently paid off my house and it is showing paid on my credit report, so I figured I'd try to get a real card from Penfed.

Approved for $15K on the Penfed Power Cash! Didn't even need to recon this time. Opened up a checking account so I can get the 2% cashback.

Finally have a decent limit 2% cashback card. I have the Citi DoubleCash, but the limit is low and I'm constantly charging it up and paying it off.

might as well apply for a PLOC too since you have a pull.

WTG! What are your scores and util?

Util < 1%.

EQ FAKO 749

No. Once you're on the dirty list there's no love.

I thought I read somewhere that sometimes they do put you back on the nice list, although it can take years. Anyone else read that?

I've had about $20 in a Penfed account for over 8 years and at the time, went with NFCU then crashed and burned. Picking up after the wreckage now, most of it is off except two old accounts showing closed/late. Applied Penfed last month and got approved for $10K Platinum Rewards card. Called to recon and she upped it to $15K. Pulled EQ. FICO was 657. FAKO 670, 0% util, thin file with only 4 other open cards, highest was Amazon store @ $3,100. Others were Cap One $300, two secured $600/$1,000.

Penfed was good to me.

Util < 1%.

EQ FAKO 749

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No. Once you're on the dirty list there's no love.

I thought I read somewhere that sometimes they do put you back on the nice list, although it can take years. Anyone else read that?

I joined in 2009 w/ my BK7 showing. App'd & was turned down twice for a cc (once in 2009 & again in 2015 after BK fell off). Applied for cc in Jan or Feb of '17 & approved for $8k, immediate CLI to $15k. App'd for CLI in June or July & CLI'd to $29k.

Never any offers until this quarter. Only received auto/RV/boat/motorcycle loan offers, but offers did finally come. Keep hope. If I got them, you may also

The last post in this topic was posted 1440 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.