Sign in to follow this  
hankejp

Can valid credit inquiries be removed or do we just have to wait it out

We have a lot of credit inquiries on our credit reports from us trying to get an auto loan from dealers and they went out to a plethora of banks who ran our credit. According to CK, there are 16 Hard inquiries on my Transunion, 5 on Equifax. I'm not sure about Experian right now.

I am wondering if there is a way to get rid of these since they are all valid with exception of one. That one was from my step daughter who tried to use us as a co-signer which we didn't approve.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Joe

Patience. ~ 24 months and they disappear. Not much impact after 6 months, and no impact after 12 months

The relative insignificance of inquiries and the possibility of the unintended consequences stemming from disputing inquiries that you authorized make it an idea that is not good.

I’ve had some valid inquiries removed prior to the 24 months deletion date however they were not attached to any accounts...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by mshellcat

I'm assuming your reports are otherwise spotless if you are worrying about something as minor as inquiries.

I'm assuming your reports are otherwise spotless if you are worrying about something as minor as inquiries.

LOL, Far from it. This is just one of the problems with my credit report. I was curious about this one. I am going to be starting on the others as well here in a bit.

Thanks

Joe

I agree with the above; if you are going to focus on something to build your credit, inquiries would not be the main focus. It's frustrating but the damage won't last nearly as long as other items.

When I've seen people get a lot of inquiries removed it's usually due to fraud (in which case they are usually suppressed to bypass their use in a score but to still appear on the consumer report as required by law) or once in a while you have credit repair firms that get involved with insiders to get them removed. Sometimes, of course, disputes may work too. But it sounds like you were legitimately shopping for financing which led to all these inquiries.

Also remember depending the scoring model used by a lender they may be grouped and counted as a single inquiry.