Sign in to follow this  
policebox

With Synchrony, This is Why You Should Always Telephone Credit Solutions

I was approved for the Sychrony Bank PayPal Cashback MasterCard in June with a limit of $3,000. As you probably know, it's a 2% cashback card for all purchases, so it's working as my daily driver, except for merchants where I can get a higher return using other cards (Chase amazonPrime Visa, Discover it, NFCU Cashback Rewards, etc.)

Anyway, since this is my daily driver card, I give it a lot of use. To keep its utilization low, I've been making several payments per billing cycle, especially around the time the statement cuts so that it reports a $0 balance to the CRAs. Since I have had 3 statements with transactions averaging about $1,700 per billing cycle (always paid in full before statement cuts), it seemed like the time to apply for a CLI at the 100-day point. Made the request online using the love button and received the "sorry we cannot process your request for a credit limit increase at this time" message.

A few days later, received the letter from Synchrony which stated the reason for their decision was "insufficient experience at your current credit line." So, it seemed like a perfect opportunity to call Credit Solutions (877-379-8173) and ask for an account review. I requested the limit to be raised from $3,000 to $15,000. After placing me on hold, the representative stated I could not be approved for the $15,000, but was given a counter-offer of $10,000, which I of course accepted.

Overall, since my BK7 in June 2013, at this time I have managed to re-establish my credit to the point that, at this time, I have established a total of $100,050 in credit on revolving accounts, $65,250 of which is with bankcards. On another note, after three months Discover it gave me an automatic CLI from $5,500 to $6,900 (for a data point, I've been revolving a 0% offer each statement for about $1,000, but paying off new purchases). My overall utilization is reporting at 7%.

So for my BK rebuild recap, here are my cards and limits:

Barclaycard Rewards MC $5,150

Capital One Quicksilver Visa Platinum $8,400

Capital One World Elite MC $15,400

Discover it Card $6,900

Navy Federal CU cashRewards Visa Signature $19,400

Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC $10,000

Synchrony Bank Amazon.com Store Card $4,000

Synchrony Bank Ashley Advantage Card $7,500

Synchrony Bank Chevron and Texaco Gas Card $10,000

Synchrony Bank Walmart Store Card $3,500

Comenity Bank J.Crew Credit Card $3,250

Comenity Bank Victoria's Secret Card $2,050

Comenity Capital Bank Overstock.com Card $2,800

Kohl's Charge Card $700 (Flower Pots won't budge)

Target Credit Card $500

Credit Union Line of Credit $500

You should actually be calling the Sr UW number at -8175 and asking for $35K.

Is this the best number to recon for a better limit on a new card? I just got there kanes furniture card for $1500 but want at least $2500

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Is this the best number to recon for a better limit on a new card? I just got there kanes furniture card for $1500 but want at least $2500

Yes.

Yes.
Thanks

Thank you for the number. I'll give them a call in about 6 months when it's time to ask for another CLI.

Thank you for the number. I'll give them a call in about 6 months when it's time to ask for another CLI.

You don't have to wait 6 months for Sync CLIs

Are these numbers good for CLI's on ALL Synchrony products? To request CLI's on all products with one call?

Except for Care Credit which from what I understand is a HP, yes.

I thought the same about Care Credit (hardpull and call needed) But the other day I was looking at my account and thinking I may use it at the vets for doggie soon, when I noticed it had a credit limit increase button. I don't recall ever seeing one before but it could have been there. anyway I pushed it and got a 5,000 instant cli. No hard pull that I can tell. don't use this account often so I don't know like I said if it is new or what.. but they do give cli without the pull sometimes.

Would JCP CLI request on this number be HP? Just called and the uw said he'd have to pull credit.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Would JCP CLI request on this number be HP? Just called and the uw said he'd have to pull credit.

The same thing happened to me yesterday with my Amazon card so I bailed out.

I hope this is not a new policy! First time it's ever happened to me with Synchrony.

The same thing happened to me yesterday with my Amazon card so I bailed out.

I hope this is not a new policy! First time it's ever happened to me with Synchrony.

I told him the same thing - hey first time I'm hearing this.

He apologized and continued - we 'always' pull credit to increase CL.

The dude started off by saying - my associate mentioned you need to decrease your CL.

I said - one of you needs a hearing aid buddy.

They have to check your credit, but it has always been a soft pull unless something has just recently changed.

The senior UW I spoke to yesterday was very clear that it would be a hard inq, and he asked for my permission to do it. He had already softed TU as usual, and there is nothing odd or alarming in my TU file. Not even an inq since January. 4 new cards but only one shows so far (on any CRA, not just TU). FICO 817 before last new card.

Morpheus's experience one day later makes me suspect something may have changed.

Someone else with a Synchrony card still under 35k should test it.

I called in yesterday on my Lowes and got bumped to $35k without a HP.

877-379-8175?

We can hope it's a YMMV at worst.

FWIW, I called at 4pm creditboards time 10/10/17.

Let me try again today... might bump into another agent... and my TU has no ding... so won't hurt to take one. I'll first try negotiating if they could do it ding-free.

I had my TU locked - and that seems to have affected two things - 1) the matched offers at creditcards.com (here: https://app.creditcards.com/cardmatch/?aid=999)and 2) this Synchrony deal.

I'll post whatever happened on call 2.

I called in yesterday on my Lowes and got bumped to $35k without a HP.

877-379-8175?

Yup.

OK - here's the deal. Don't call 877-379-8175 (maybe). That takes you to India (perhaps) and keeps you circling there. (Great place to go otherwise)

Instead call the UW directly at 866-519-6441.

Very kind lady, asked a few questions and...

YO! approved for CLI!!!!

BTW - no HP.

Good luck all. Occam - I'll wait to hear how things construed.

Also, I read somewhere... to obtain CLI with Sync, make sure your balance is $0 (again, don't shoot me, just sayin... mine was).

OK - here's the deal. Don't call 877-379-8175 (maybe). That takes you to India (perhaps) and keeps you circling there. (Great place to go otherwise)

YO! approved for CLI!!!!

BTW - no HP.

Also, I read somewhere... to obtain CLI with Sync, make sure your balance is $0 (again, don't shoot me, just sayin... mine was).

When I called 8175 it was also India. However, I specifically asked to speak to an UW and he said he was.

Every time I've called the Sync UW's they were based in India. The US based reps have always been worthless.

My Indian UW was bent on doing HP's... 'always'.

The US rep didn't demonstrate any such inclination.

But again, I just had my first encounter with both - that too in 1 day.

Edited by morpheus0327

YO! approved for CLI!!!!

BTW - no HP.

They dont understand that it is actually a SP btw.