Sign in to follow this  
clydemaui

Cards for thin file, leary of apping.

I know I asked before, but now that my reports are clean, I would like to start building with rewards. I only have one open revolver Cap1 and a mortgage. 22.5 years average age. I do have 3 biz companies that I could use. Any suggestions for strategy would be appreciated. I burned Chase Wamu and Penfed.

What type of rewards are you looking for? Travel? Cashback? What are your FICOS? How long ago did you burn Chase?

Also when is the last time you asked for CLI on Cap1?

Well, I guess 7 years would be Chase..it fell off in May 2017. Still trying to figure on cards, couple years yet to start travelling. Scores are above 780 on all three as of October 2.

And on Cap1, Last increase request was about 3 months ago, denied for not using card. It was an Orchard Secured and when Cap1 took it over they unsecured and raised limit to $1,700. Only used it for dental. H

Try the Chase pre qualified offers tool to see if anything shows up. If they will let you back in, you want to start there because of their 5/24 rule.

You have a mortgage and credit card in your name, so that should help quite a bit. Amex will likely auto approve. Chase may require recon.

Good long game strat is to app Amex, 3x cli @ 61 days then go for others once that reports. No need to be in a rush.

Edited by StupidCredit

Try the Chase pre qualified offers tool to see if anything shows up. If they will let you back in, you want to start there because of their 5/24 rule.

Just checked says no offers available. Do they use Equifax, they are frozen. Just thought of that while writing this. Thank you. Edited by clydemaui

You have a mortgage and credit card in your name, so that should help quite a bit. Amex will likely auto approve. Chase may require recon.

Good long game strat is to app Amex, 3x cli @ 61 days then go for others once that reports. No need to be in a rush.

I will unfreeze then app this weekend. Thank you.

Chase then Amex.....but you still didnt mention what type of rewards so we could suggest cards.

I think I will start off with Cashback since the travel is down the road.

I have never had an Amex. I know 10 years ago I could not get in with any Citi cards for some reason.