Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Fifth Third Bank

The last post in this topic was posted 1043 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I will be applying for Fifth THird Equity Flex Line of Credit, I have confirmed they pull from Experian. My experian score is a 702 FICO, I have no negative items on my account, my age is 4 yrs, I have 3 new recent revolving accounts and 4 hard inquiries. Has anyone applied recently and can give me any advice?

There isn’t a great deal of discussion about this bank, much less this specific product.

Post back your results and it should help others in the future.

Good luck.

I assume you have a deposit account with them?

Not sure on this particular credit product but they seem to be opening the flood gates on their credit cards in the last two months.

Not sure on this particular credit product but they seem to be opening the flood gates on their credit cards in the last two months.

Does Fifth Third require a deposit account to get a cc? Do you have to be in their market?

Does Fifth Third require a deposit account to get a cc? Do you have to be in their market?

I'm not a customer. When I go to the 53.com website and indicate I want to open a bank or credit card account, I then enter my zip code (in California) and I get a message that they can't open an account online, and that I should go to a branch instead. So if you live outside their marketing area, it looks like you must do it in person. I have no intention of traveling to somewhere like Chicago solely to open an account with them.

I'm not a customer. When I go to the 53.com website and indicate I want to open a bank or credit card account, I then enter my zip code (in California) and I get a message that they can't open an account online, and that I should go to a branch instead. So if you live outside their marketing area, it looks like you must do it in person. I have no intention of traveling to somewhere like Chicago solely to open an account with them.

Thanks burgerwars. Too bad. I am not in their market either.

There are many banks that only accept accounts in their marketing areas, usually states where they have branches. Key Bank and Regions Bank are the same. TD Bank allows opening of bank accounts of you live outside their service area, but not TD brand credit cards. I think a customer is OK if they already have accounts and then move outside their area. No need to close them.

Fifth Third wants to see you in person if you live too far away. I wouldn't make a special trip just for that, but if I happen to be traveling through, I might stop by.

Edited by Burgerwars

The Stand up to cancer card is available nationally.

Good to know. With TD Bank, there are also some exceptions. They run the Target credit card program and also Ally Bank.

I decided to give Fifth Third Bank a try. I applied for the Stand Up To Cancer MasterCard online at the beginning of the month. I got a 30 day message. I didn't know if I was approved or not. Today I got the card in the mail. 10K limit. They inquired with TransUnion. Fifth Third also sent me a letter saying what my TransUnion FICO 9 was. It was quite a bit north of 800. My TransUnion file had no hard inquiries on it until they made one, so that was far from an issue. I set-up online banking for the card and probably will start using the card next week for a few purchases.

Edited by Burgerwars

I decided to give Fifth Third Bank a try. I applied for the Stand Up For Cancer MasterCard online at the beginning of the month.

It makes more sense to me to Stand Up Against Cancer.

I decided to give Fifth Third Bank a try. I applied for the Stand Up For Cancer MasterCard online at the beginning of the month. I got a 30 day message. I didn't know if I was approved or not. Today I got the card in the mail. 10K limit. They inquired with TransUnion. Fifth Third also sent me a letter saying what my TransUnion FICO 9 was. It was quite a bit north of 800. My TransUnion file had no hard inquiries on it until they made one, so that was far from an issue. I set-up online banking for the card and probably will start using the card next week for a few purchases.

What does 5/3 add to your portfolio?

I decided to give Fifth Third Bank a try. I applied for the Stand Up For Cancer MasterCard online at the beginning of the month.

It makes more sense to me to Stand Up Against Cancer.

I fixed that. I meant Stand Up To Cancer. I hope I didn't write that just now in Credit Pulls. It will be stuck there for eternity.

I decided to give Fifth Third Bank a try. I applied for the Stand Up For Cancer MasterCard online at the beginning of the month. I got a 30 day message. I didn't know if I was approved or not. Today I got the card in the mail. 10K limit. They inquired with TransUnion. Fifth Third also sent me a letter saying what my TransUnion FICO 9 was. It was quite a bit north of 800. My TransUnion file had no hard inquiries on it until they made one, so that was far from an issue. I set-up online banking for the card and probably will start using the card next week for a few purchases.

Another bank, another credit card. It doesn't really add anything other than another major bank represented. :)

Another bank, another credit card. It doesn't really add anything other than another major bank represented. :)

You need a solid rewards strategy.

Haven't seen an attractive card offering for 5/3. Wife and I receive monthly mailers.

I'm slightly intrigued that they have unsecured personal LOC's. However, details are available online.

Sometimes Fifth Third offers deposit account SUBs, but only within their limited service area. I wonder if establishing a relationship via their Stand up to Cancer MC might be a workaround.

There's a $300 checking bonus through 12/31/17. Burgerwars, you should GP it. Who knows, they might even take CC funding...

Sometimes Fifth Third offers deposit account SUBs, but only within their limited service area. I wonder if establishing a relationship via their Stand up to Cancer MC might be a workaround.

There's a $300 checking bonus through 12/31/17. Burgerwars, you should GP it. Who knows, they might even take CC funding...

There's an open a new account link in online banking. It doesn't work for me and says call them. I live in Calif. I might try the calling route, but not until next year. New account bonuses come and go and come again. Edited by Burgerwars

The SUB is nice....$300 for parking $1500 for only two months. Me and my wife went to a branch to open the account. Wife was accepted but after the Chexsystems inquiry it showed LN frozen and 5/3 rejected me even though I have a CC with it.

They don't take credit cards as a form of deposit.

Cash or cash equivalents only.

Additionally, the phone number printed on the mailer I received sent me to some weird automated messages that offered me promo after promo. 6 or 7 in a row before I hung up.

Had to go in branch to do it.

I have LN frozen and had no issues opening a checkings/savings account.

I took a $200 bonus and it posted the next business day.

Edited by CreditNewb15

The last post in this topic was posted 1043 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.