Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Strategy for Chase and Amex cards?

The last post in this topic was posted 1114 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I've got a number of LLCs and am trying to get cards from Chase and Amex for two of them. Background on the two LLCs:

• LLC #1 originally formed as a sole proprietorship in SC in 2010. It went dormant from 2012 to 2016, then I reactivated it and got an EIN in 2016 and it's now active in VA.
  • LLC #2 formed in late 2016 in VA.

D&B doesn't have any records for either of those two LLCs, or for any of my other LLCs, for that matter, which were all formed from 2013-2015, two of which have Spark cards that have been in good standing for 2+ years.

Here's my application history for the two LLCs.

LLC #1:

• Applied for an Amex in August, got a Blue Business Plus with no hassle, but a toy limit of $2000. Requested a CLI the day after the application was approved and they bumped the limit to $4000.
  • Applied for two Chase business cards in August, a week apart. Phone status initially said 30 days, then the next day switched to 14 days, then 7-10 days a day or two later. Received requests to submit proof of business name and address, which I did. A few weeks ago, both were denied due to something along the lines of "too many applications for products with Chase."

LLC #2:

• Applied for an Amex in August, a week after #1's application. Received a request to supply DUNS number, which I don't have. No movement on that application since then.
  • Applied for one Chase business card in the same timeframe as the applications for #1. Phone status went through the same 30/14/7-10 rotation as for #1, and got the same request for proof of business name and address. Sent that in 4 weeks ago and have heard nothing since.

What should I do at this point?

Should I recon Chase for the two applications for #1 that were denied? Should I call to figure out what happened with the app for #2? Should I just reapply? I'm not willing to touch D&B with a ten foot pole, so I guess Amex is out for #2.

I'm sitting at 3/24 right now. Last time I applied with Chase before this was a personal Marriott back in 2015, which was denied. My scores are currently in the 680-690 range due to ~35% utilization on ~$85k in available credit, should jump into the low 700s in the October reporting cycle since I paid off all credit cards this week but one, which is now at 1%.

You have to remember that it's pretty much based just on your personal scores. Applying with different businesses will only cause you more issues with denials. They see every app/account you do under your social.

You have to remember that it's pretty much based just on your personal scores. Applying with different businesses will only cause you more issues with denials. They see every app/account you do under your social.

Right, but that doesn't address the question.

What is the best path forward for Chase? Do I reapply or recon?

Edited by habu987

Don't keeping applying! Especially with different business names. Your going to get flagged and won't get approved for anything.

Recon.. Should have done it after the first denial.

Edited by BRBiz

Don't keeping applying! Especially with different business names. Your going to get flagged and won't get approved for anything.

Recon.. Should have done it after the first denial.

Thanks, I'll recon late next week. By that point, all but one of my credit cards will have reported a zero balance for the October reporting cycle.

whats recon guys?

Reconsideration. When you call and ask them to reconsider the application with a manual review.

Adding to Zan's reply:

Usually when you recon, you call specific phone numbers, which are different from customer service numbers on the back of your cards.

There is wealth of information here on CB about recon numbers, recon strategies and recon successes with different creditors.

Mostly, the bottom line is... 'always recon, don't just give up.'

The last post in this topic was posted 1114 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.