Sign in to follow this  
Kat58

Red Alert 2.0 banking trojan targets unsuspecting Android users

https://siliconangle.com/blog/2017/09/20/red-alert-2-0-banking-trojan-targets-unsuspecting-android-users/

Noting that these sorts of attacks have been more regularly seen on desktop computers, SfyLabs said “the shift of malware campaigns from desktop (Windows) to mobile (Android) seems largely related to the fact that these days most transactions are initiated from mobile devices instead of the desktop. This motivates actors to invest in developing solutions that target Android and have the same capabilities as the malware variants that have been evolving on the desktop for years.”

2 additional links within the above story...

https://clientsidedetection.com/new_android_trojan_targeting_over_60_banks_and_social_apps.html

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/researchers-discover-new-android-banking-trojan/

Scary. They don't have one for my version of Android - yet. Plus, I don't use any financial apps on my phone. It's just too vulnerable. I don't have my medical EHRs either, not that I have any big secrets.

Not many unsuspecting Android users intentionally side-load malicious applications.

But inserting logic into this discussion is probably pointless.

Not many unsuspecting Android users intentionally side-load malicious applications.

Thanks for sharing! :wave:

Thanks for sharing! :wave:

:lol: DD always comes through.

The same people who click on password reset emails root their phones and side load apps. The security hole is always a people problem.

Edited by StupidCredit