Please use the Feedback forum for questions about the upgrade.  We will get to them as quickly as possible.

Sign in to follow this  
CreditCuestions

Time to settle up

I have a chexsystems entry from MB Financial for 600 bucks I think. I tried to take care of the situation when it 1st happened but there was a bunch of weird things going on and long story short I opted to cut off my nose to spite my face. I was only going to pay it if it caused a problem for me and 4 years later its a problem.

I ordered my report on 09/05 and it still hasn't shown up. Do I just order again?

Since I know the bank and the acct # and since I can't dispute it, do I even need the chexsystems report? Can I just call the bank and pay them? Also is there any techniques that would help to get them to delete after paying? The deletion is not required just something I would like to see happen.

I ordered my report on 09/05 and it still hasn't shown up. Do I just order again?

A first step is to bargain with the bank for removal (pay for delete). Note, however, that most banks just update the listing to a "paid" status when you pay. If it has been 4 years, it should fall off next year.

Edited by tmcgill

A first step is to bargain with the bank for removal (pay for delete). Note, however, that most banks just update the listing to a "paid" status when you pay. If it has been 4 years, it should fall off next year.

Sorry I meant the actual chexsystems report has not shown up in the mail.

I have to it showing as being paid. It is a requirement for me at this point. I can not have it showing that I owe any bank any funds. I'm hoping that paying it will not reset the clock?

Paying will not reset the Date of First Delinquency (DOFD).

Call the bank and negotiate removal or a paid status. Some banks have been known to go online with Chex and change to a paid status while in the bank making the payment. Others have to be "nudged" into changing the status. Legally, the entry should be updated to reflect the changed status.