The Dining and Food Thread

1 hour ago, cv91915 said:

We apparently don't eat a lot of sweet relish.

pYFW9e7.jpg 

It still works fine in tuna salad.

If you like dill relish in your tuna consider replacing dill with sauerkraut. You won't notice much difference and sauerkraut is loaded with good fiber.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For all you medium well and beyond people, please do us a favor and stick to chicken and pork, or just go vegetarian.  Don't waste our precious steak, lamb, duck and other wonderful game meats by cook

For the old school folks, that symbol would be known as a "pound sign", therefore that would be 60 pounds.   Of course anyone born after 2000 thinks that he said "60 hashtag" and that the ha

After living above the original Raj Darbar on North Clark in Chicago for one summer with no AC, I can no longer be in the same zip code as Indian food.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, StarkRaven$ said:

If you like dill relish in your tuna consider replacing dill with sauerkraut. You won't notice much difference and sauerkraut is loaded with good fiber.

Thank you for the suggestion, but I really don't like sauerkraut.  

On 11/7/2021 at 8:33 PM, StarkRaven$ said:

Nor do I but it tastes good in tuna fish.

So add a couple of tablespoons, reserving the rest of the container for the garbage disposal? 

😛 

4 hours ago, cv91915 said:

So add a couple of tablespoons, reserving the rest of the container for the garbage disposal? 

😛 

I have NEVER thought I would eat saurkraut. My DH was irked at first at me buying a jar of it. I read about the nutritional benefits and how one could add it to tuna salad. We both were pleasantly surprised the taste was masked in the tuna salad.

12 minutes ago, StarkRaven$ said:

I have NEVER thought I would eat saurkraut. My DH was irked at first at me buying a jar of it. I read about the nutritional benefits and how one could add it to tuna salad. We both were pleasantly surprised the taste was masked in the tuna salad.

I was really only half joking.

I only make tuna salad so often, and it would only take so much sauerkraut.

On the other hand, maybe a jar of it would be a worthy addition to my condiment museum.

You've already seen a photo of the relish exhibit.  Here is a selection from the Worcestershire wing:

GVq6UQV.jpg

I put some of this in the French onion soup I made for dinner last night, and so far no one has died.

Edited by cv91915
  • 3 weeks later...