The Dining and Food Thread

7 hours ago, cv91915 said:

A batch of scalloped potatoes (Grandma's recipe) is in the staging area, ready to go into Oven 2 later this morning, about 2 1/2 hours after this 18# turkey goes into Oven 1.

*checks calendar and date of this post*

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For the old school folks, that symbol would be known as a "pound sign", therefore that would be 60 pounds.   Of course anyone born after 2000 thinks that he said "60 hashtag" and that the ha

For all you medium well and beyond people, please do us a favor and stick to chicken and pork, or just go vegetarian.  Don't waste our precious steak, lamb, duck and other wonderful game meats by cook

This is all I have to say to that...  

Posted Images

2 hours ago, IndyPoolPlayer said:

*checks calendar and date of this post*

After this, there's one more turkey in the freezer (they were ~$7 each around Christmas).

The final one will be prepared in June or July, probably in the smoker.

I did sort of fall into a mental holiday trap of my own, though.  When I left for the grocery store yesterday I had planned to buy a pumpkin pie.  :lol: 

3 hours ago, cv91915 said:

I did sort of fall into a mental holiday trap of my own, though.  When I left for the grocery store yesterday I had planned to buy a pumpkin pie.  :lol: 

My maternal side of my family would make turkey and ham back when there was a big family gathering for Easter. And strangely enough to go with all the deviled eggs (from the egg hunt) there would also be pumpkin pie.

Posted (edited)

I'm on a steak frites kick, so that's what I'm having for dinner(?) at my hotel at 4:14 Central Time.

vxEd13K.jpg 

Which reminds me...  "Don't be saucy with me, Bearnaise."

Edited by cv91915
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

So far today:

Breakfast:  turkey and Swiss breakfast sandwich* from my SAN-CLT flight yesterday

Lunch:  bacon/jalapeno/ranch wrap from the Airspace Lounge in San Diego yesterday ($1 copay after the $10 Amex Platinum food/beverage credit)

* I have no idea why they call sliced turkey and Swiss cheese on a croissant a breakfast sandwich

Edited by cv91915

I made homemade chili from red and black beans. Had to soak the red beans overnight. The black beans take just an afternoon of soaking, then simmered with bay leaves. Combined whole tomatoes, cooked ground turkey meat, caramelized sweet yellow onions, garlic salt, fresh Rosemary and chili spice from Sprouts Grocery. Damn it is good.