drizzled in real maple syrup 

topped with whipped cream

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For the old school folks, that symbol would be known as a "pound sign", therefore that would be 60 pounds.   Of course anyone born after 2000 thinks that he said "60 hashtag" and that the ha

For all you medium well and beyond people, please do us a favor and stick to chicken and pork, or just go vegetarian.  Don't waste our precious steak, lamb, duck and other wonderful game meats by cook

Well. I cheat.   I have an old friend that raises a few bison and we worked out a deal. In exchange for shipping me 25 pounds of bison and 15 pounds elk each fall (if he gets one) I ship him se

Posted Images

On 3/6/2021 at 4:49 PM, cv91915 said:

Ya know what's delicious?

A glazed fried cinnamon roll purchased yesterday at a Dunkin' Donuts at DFW

warmed in the oven

slathered in butter

drizzled in real maple syrup 

topped with whipped cream

Does it come with a Lipitor chaser?

On 3/9/2021 at 11:55 AM, TheVig said:

Thai yellow curry via Uber Eats. Vegetables with scallops. Chernobyl spice level. Effective stool softener. 

I still can't do Indian food.  One summer living above an Indian restaurant in an apartment with no AC pretty much killed that forever.

On 3/11/2021 at 12:25 PM, cv91915 said:

I still can't do Indian food.  One summer living above an Indian restaurant in an apartment with no AC pretty much killed that forever.

I love Indian food, my wife does not like when I have it however.

There is also a poor maid in Vegas who is scarred after coming in to refresh the towels in the room about 2 minutes after my Indian had exited via the southbound lane.

On 1/10/2021 at 1:42 PM, cv91915 said:

I rarely spend more than $50 when I go in alone, unless I'm buying steaks.

And even then it's unusual to breach $100.

BTW, these are awful, which aligns perfectly with my prediction in the store.

ciZlNbI.jpg 

This is what a proper Costco purchase looks like:

Dnez51G.png 

5 hours ago, cv91915 said:

This is what a proper Costco purchase looks like:

Dnez51G.png 

There is no way I would go to Costco here for only a couple of items.  The closest one is a good 20 minutes away with no traffic.  Different story when I was in OC and I had 5 within a 10 minute ride from my house.

2 hours ago, CTSoxFan said:

There is no way I would go to Costco here for only a couple of items.  The closest one is a good 20 minutes away with no traffic.  Different story when I was in OC and I had 5 within a 10 minute ride from my house.

I won't shop at any of the SD locations any longer.  I just have my parents pick up what I need.

Here in Mudland, if you go on a weekday morning it's pretty much in/out, and I will make a special trip if it means I can go alone (which results in $100-300 in savings per visit).

On 3/13/2021 at 6:38 AM, cv91915 said:

It does seem like a long time since I've used baking powder.

zpxVvLl.jpg 

For my boterkoek, I ended up stealing two teaspoons of baking powder from my mother, along with the rest of her almond extract and two sticks of butter.  Saved me a trip to the store.  

Oh, her sliced almonds too.  😛  

Yesterday I tucked the finished product into my carry-on bag, and realized upon arrival at the Mud Hut that I shouldn't have assumed anything about the freshness of the flour and/or sugar I used from my own pantry.  🥺 

At least one of us here at the Hut doesn't have culinary standards, so the entire cake is already gone.

My brother requested I make him my spaghetti with meat sauce recipe. Caramelized yellow onions and fresh minced garlic simmered in whole and diced tomatoes. Pepper, pinch of salt and Italian seasoning. Served with fresh Parmesan cheese. 

Grocery stores were out of a lot of things due to front range snow storm. Out of garlic bread so made my own garlic butter.