Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

The Dining and Food Thread

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, StarkRaven$ said:

I guess Pinnacle Peak's closed in 2015. When I'd drive home from my client's home in 2018 I would see the restaurant to my right. Obviously they hadn't changed the building or sign. They may turn it into a historic site...maybe.

There is at least one location left (San Dimas).  There may be one or two more.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/pinnacle-peak-steakhouse-san-dimas-2 

Edited by cv91915

40 minutes ago, cv91915 said:

There is at least one location left (San Dimas).  There may be one or two more.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/pinnacle-peak-steakhouse-san-dimas-2 

Hey CV, I'm not sure if you and Tad like Lebanese food but Aladdin's Cafe has authentic delicious Arabic food. I have personal ties to Lebanon and was taught by the best so I'm somewhat persnickety about the various dishes.

I asked hubby what he wanted to eat for the 4th of July and it's simple and non-extravagent:

Nathan's Hotdogs with cheddar cheese, potato salad and Everything Fruit Salad with orange jello, cottage cheese, fruit assortments and Cool Whip.

51 minutes ago, StarkRaven$ said:

I asked hubby what he wanted to eat for the 4th of July and it's simple and non-extravagent:

Nathan's Hotdogs with cheddar cheese, potato salad and Everything Fruit Salad with orange jello, cottage cheese, fruit assortments and Cool Whip.

you had me until... cool whip when real whipped cream is so easy and lacks all the chemicals?

1 hour ago, hegemony said:

you had me until... cool whip when real whipped cream is so easy and lacks all the chemicals?

Where do you get it or do you make it?

1 hour ago, StarkRaven$ said:

Where do you get it or do you make it?

Heavy cream and some hard work with sugar will get you the whipped cream... Google or Youtube will help you

1 hour ago, StarkRaven$ said:

My intestines would revolt.

DYMvH9w.jpg

One of the many things I don't miss from office life.

No one wants to bite into a brownie and find someone's wife's lost Band-Aid.

30 minutes ago, cv91915 said:

One of the many things I don't miss from office life.

No one wants to bite into a brownie and find someone's wife's lost Band-Aid.

Ewww!!!!!

The contents of our freezers are getting out of hand, so I'm on a mission to liquidate inventory.

Plucked from the chest freezer for tonight was a rack of lamb that I cut up into chops and grilled, and for the side I grabbed out of the kitchen freezer a bag of roasted potatoes, peppers and onions from Trader Joe's and "cooked" it in the air fryer.

For dessert I had a couple of pieces of homemade shortbread that I made yesterday, because it's TAD's job to eat the ice cream.

Edited by cv91915

On 7/9/2020 at 6:26 PM, cv91915 said:

The contents of our freezers are getting out of hand, so I'm on a mission to liquidate inventory.

Plucked from the chest freezer for tonight was a rack of lamb that I cut up into chops and grilled, and for the side I grabbed out of the kitchen freezer a bag of roasted potatoes, peppers and onions from Trader Joe's and "cooked" it in the air fryer.

For dessert I had a couple of pieces of homemade shortbread that I made yesterday, because it's TAD's job to eat the ice cream.

I'm also working through an over-filled pantry and tearing through a refrigerator door full of rarely-used condiments.

Between Thursday and Friday I ate four tuna salad sandwiches, killing off two cans of tuna and putting a dent in the rest of the pickle relish.

I'm pretty efficient at this.  By the time I was ready for a household move several years ago, the only food I had to pack up was one can of tomato paste.

No longer in inventory, as of tonight:

Freezer:  one package of boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Pantry: last 20% of a package of seasoned bread crumbs and about 1/3 of a bag of croutons

Fridge: last ~1/2 cup of a jar of ranch dressing

Thawing for tomorrow: two spicy chicken sausages, made in-house at our favorite butcher shop (for lunch); and for the smoker, one pork loin and two full racks of St Louis style ribs.  

I will probably re-freeze the ribs after they're smoked and we'll eat them at a later date.  It doesn't make sense to go through the hassle of using the smoker for a 2# pork roast.  

I'm also going to smoke an eggplant (🤮), some kind of squash (🤮), a couple of onions and, if there's room, one of the cats.