The Dining and Food Thread

cv91915

17 hours ago, creditmaze said:

75 degrees in the World's Finest City and lunch today was a Jumbo Jack with Cheese and a diet coke.

Do they still make the Sourdough Jack?

I'm clearly too lazy to just ask Google.

Edited by cv91915

12 hours ago, Pam said:

Hubby made a lobster bisque tonight that was divine :) 

If y'all are lobster fans, check out Greenhead Lobster for drop-shipping of knuckle and claw meat...among the best I have found so far if you are into doing your own lobster rolls.  Cannot speak to their live lobsters or their tails since I have not ordered those from any place for drop shipping.

I made lobster ravioli tonight, but it was frozen/from Costco.

The homemade sauce was my best Alfredo-ish garlic, cream and Parmesan sauce of all time, however.

We were out of bread and I didn't have time to go out, so I made garlic hot dog bun halves.

Side was a pre-made Caesar salad I bought at Costco yesterday. 

17 hours ago, TheVig said:

Salmon from Costco

On 6/2/2020 at 6:43 PM, cv91915 said:

pre-made Caesar salad I bought at Costco

20 minutes ago, CTSoxFan said:

With the large size I end up smoking the whole thing and it is dinner plus a couple of lox & bagel breakfasts.

We also picked up some salmon on the same Costco trip and had that earlier in the week. 

The leftover salmon went on the other half of the Caesar salad, and that was another meal.

Because of the pandemic and unrest, my work is like, nonstop busy and I have a hard time remembering to eat, like it's 5:38 PM and I was tidying etc so I am finally eating something. But I am having a massive love affair with Tastykake Bells. They were out of Ding Dongs and I got a whole bunch and I LOVE THEM they're so good they are the superior snack cake: 

VqhnEAA.png

I took Mom to SEA180 for lunch yesterday.  We split the prime rib grilled cheese and the shrimp enchiladas.  

Enchiladas were good, but the grilled cheese was probably the best I've ever had.

ooeVUwf.jpg

OBEOXfW.jpg

For today's encore I took her to Jimmy's Famous American Tavern.

I didn't take pictures, but we split three items from the menu:

- Signature grilled Santa Fe Caesar salad

- Cowboy burger

- Jalapeño scalloped potatoes.

• Admin
On 6/13/2020 at 6:03 PM, cv91915 said:

I took Mom to SEA180 for lunch yesterday.  We split the prime rib grilled cheese and the shrimp enchiladas.  

Enchiladas were good, but the grilled cheese was probably the best I've ever had.

ooeVUwf.jpg

That looks amazing.

But it's not a grilled cheese.

:beee:

I just made of one of several small pans of lasagna from the freezer.  

Last fall we roasted and smoked a zillion tomatoes from the garden, which I then made into sauce, which then went into lasagna.

I made my own garlic butter (garlic + butter) for the garlic bread.

For dessert I whipped some fresh cream (+ sugar + Nielsen-Massey Madagascar bourbon vanilla) and put a big dollop on a leftover brownie I don't remember buying.

1 hour ago, CTSoxFan said:

For the old school folks, that symbol would be known as a "pound sign", therefore that would be 60 pounds.

Of course anyone born after 2000 thinks that he said "60 hashtag" and that the hashtag goes in the front, boomer.

I'm Gen X, so now I'm supposed to say Gen X is always forgotten :)