Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

The Dining and Food Thread

I have been taking Masterclasses over the past couple of weeks (I was given a subscription as a gift) and went through Gordon Ramsay's and Massimo Bottura's classes.  Two very different personalities, to say the least.  Both we very interesting however and I picked up a few good techniques which I will be trying this weekend.  Going to do Ramsay's pan seared chicken breast recipe one night and Bottura's Mediterranean style sole recipe the next.  Hopefully will come out as good as it looked! 

Having now worked through the lobster from a third company, I can say that Greenhead rocks in terms of the claw and knuckle meat.  Was not as happy with their shipping since it was not still frozen upon arrival, but the claws and knuckles are huge.  Price per pound was a little higher, but the shipping was less, so it balanced to the other two companies I have tried in the past few months.  They don't use dry ice, which likely contributed to the thaw...so don't plan on putting it in the freezer and dealing with it in a month or two. 

Two pounds yields MANY a lobster roll...

70° outside on this beautiful California day and for dinner I cooked garden burgers with slices of Monterey Jack, baked potatoes and mixed veggies.

16 minutes ago, creditmaze said:

70° outside on this beautiful California day and for dinner I cooked garden burgers with slices of Monterey Jack, baked potatoes and mixed veggies.

Is a garden burger made out of burlap?

2 hours ago, TheVig said:

Cheeseburger from McDonald's. No pickle or ketchup.

Sometimes I'll get two plain double cheeseburgers, and then I throw away one bun top and one bun bottom, leaving a quadruple.  😋

8 minutes ago, cv91915 said:

Sometimes I'll get two plain double cheeseburgers, and then I throw away one bun top and one bun bottom, leaving a quadruple.  😋

When I was in college, my roommates believed this rumor they heard that McDonald's just grinds up the entire cow and college was in NYC so the only place TO eat was McDonald's so they'd both get a #2 (two cheeseburgers) with no meat and swear it was basically the same. 

26 minutes ago, creditmaze said:

Another beautiful day in California 72° outside.

Lunch will be portabello mushroom burgers with salad.

You continue to refer to these things you're eating as "burgers." 😛 

36 minutes ago, cv91915 said:

You continue to refer to these things you're eating as "burgers." 😛 

I aim to please.

Maybe tomorrow I'll have chicken fried STEAK.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, creditmaze said:

75 degrees in the World's Finest City and lunch today was a Jumbo Jack with Cheese and a diet coke.

It was a scorcher here today at 83 degrees. Even hotter tomorrow by a couple degrees. Definitely not used to this so early in the year. Those folks inland are really getting burned, with temps over 100.

Edited by NorCalR1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, smartlypretty said:

Me and my mom got takeout from Carrabba's but Amore Mondays is paused until dine in service resumes. 

Mom was all set to go dine in at Uncle Julios but learned that the location by her house is about the only one in Texas that has not resumed dine-in service (they have been doing carry-out and delivery, including margaritas)...seems the Child Judge is mandating a Health Department review prior to a restaurant opening and she is keeping most of them at home.  Never mind that the State has opened...

City of Houston and Harris County are screwed for years to come courtesy of Sly and Dora the Explorer...

Edited by centex

We generally stop at the same Mexican place near the airport when I arrive at a suitable hour, and it was nice to resume this tradition on Sunday evening.

My only regret is grabbing my cloth face mask off the table to wipe salsa from the corner of my mouth.

The tactile sensation should have immediately signaled that something was wrong.  This isn't exactly a "linen napkin" sort of place.