cv91915

The Dining and Food Thread

18 minutes ago, CTSoxFan said:

My God that looks like it would kill a diabetic on sight alone.  Much too sweet for my morning taste.

It was outstanding.

At home it's either an omelette or oatmeal. 

Once in a while you have to mix things up.

Food poisoning from a clients in-house café. Went to the hospital. The hospital beat me to it, by notifying the local health dept.

On 6/11/2019 at 12:28 PM, TheVig said:

Food poisoning from a clients in-house café. Went to the hospital. The hospital beat me to it, by notifying the local health dept.

You gotta watch those roach coaches.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, cv91915 said:

Took Mom to lunch at Coasterra today...  Spectacular views, great service.  Food was okay.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/coasterra-san-diego?osq=Coasterra+San+Diego

https://www.cohnrestaurants.com/coasterra 

I stole this photo from Yelp:

Things like this really piss me off...from their online menu:

"A 4% surcharge will be added to all Guest checks to help cover increasing coast and in our support of the recent increases to minimum wage and benefits for our dedicated Team Members."

Just raise the food prices by $1 on every item and be done with it.  Don't nickel and dime with surcharges to try to make yourselves look like heroes and that you "take care of your employees".  I would love to ask the employees if they got a raise or increase in benefits upon the addition of the surcharge.

Also, why don't you use a portion of that charge to hire yourself an editor for your website, as I don't think your need to charge more money to cover your increasing coast...

Edited by CTSoxFan

29 minutes ago, CTSoxFan said:

"A 4% surcharge will be added to all Guest checks to help cover increasing coast and in our support of the recent increases to minimum wage and benefits for our dedicated Team Members."

Just raise the food prices by $1 on every item and be done with it.  Don't nickel and dime with surcharges to try to make yourselves look like heroes and that you "take care of your employees".  I would love to ask the employees if they got a raise or increase in benefits upon the addition of the surcharge.

Also, why don't you use a portion of that charge to hire yourself an editor for your website, as I don't think your need to charge more money to cover your increasing coast...

Drives me crazy also.  

With a 4% surcharge I would normally reduce the tip to 16%, although our server yesterday was outstanding so I didn't this time.

10 hours ago, CTSoxFan said:

Same reason why cell phone companies charge you a $5.99 "administration fee" and a $3.99 "regulation compliance fee" jumbled in with the taxes (to make you think its a tax) but its really just a extra charge to their big number in bold print "monthly service fee" above the line.

42 minutes ago, IndyPoolPlayer said:

Same reason why cell phone companies charge you a $5.99 "administration fee" and a $3.99 "regulation compliance fee" jumbled in with the taxes (to make you think its a tax) but its really just a extra charge to their big number in bold print "monthly service fee" above the line.

Let me guess... AT&T?

20 hours ago, Kat58 said:

Let me guess... AT&T?

Yup. Though I see Verizon has their "administrative" charge but it's not as much as it was with ATT.

I am wrapping up a short (4-day) California visit.  I didn't even bother getting groceries this trip, so food is a bit random.

My pre-airport breakfast today is a bowl of third-hand heirloom tomatoes (from my mother's neighbor's garden). 

If the tomatoes aren't enough, I may have to toast a couple of hamburger buns from the freezer.

The question is why you didn't remove it from the pan earlier once it had cooled so it could be cut into proper slices.  You were asking for that result.

Last night's dinner was a piece of halibut I grilled on a salt block topped with wasabi butter, grilled red potatoes and asparagus which came out quite nicely, complete with AM reminder of the meal upon visiting the loo.

On 7/1/2019 at 9:15 AM, CTSoxFan said:

The question is why you didn't remove it from the pan earlier once it had cooled so it could be cut into proper slices.  You were asking for that result.

Don't blame the victim. :lol: 

Last night's carnage was 9/10 of a loaf of French bread. 

This is all that was left. 

hJL8bZt.jpg

4 hours ago, cv91915 said:

Don't blame the victim. :lol: 

Last night's carnage was 9/10 of a loaf of French bread. 

This is all that was left. 

hJL8bZt.jpg

Someone left the best part...crust on french bread is GOOD.

50 minutes ago, centex said:

Someone left the best part...crust on french bread is GOOD.

I ate the leftover crust with a tiny jar of blackberry preserves he stole from the breakfast table at Dulles Westin a couple of weekends ago.  

Jaleo Disney Springs

• 36 to 48-month cured ham from the legendary free range, acorn-fed, black-footed ibérico pigs of Spain Hand carved tableside
  • (D.O. Idiazábal, Basque Country and Navarra) A smoked, nutty-flavored sheep's milk cheese paired with quince paste
  • (D.O. Asturias) A bold and spicy raw cow's milk cheese with pimentón, paired with almonds and bitter orange jam
  • (D.O. Asturias) An intensely flavored blue cheese of cow and sheep milk paired with raisins and Pedro Ximénez compressed pears
  • José's Taco* Ibérico de bellota and Supreme caviar
  • Ostras 'Gin and Tonic' Oysters with lemon, gin and tonic
  • Espinacas a la catalana Sautéed spinach, pine nuts, raisins and apples 
  • Chuletón de buey a la parilla Grilled, 45-day aged prime certified Angus beef ribeye served with piquillo confit 
  • Quesada Asturiana Basque-style cheesecake made with goat cheese, with seasonal sorbet

18 hours ago, cv91915 said:

I ate the leftover crust with a tiny jar of blackberry preserves he stole from the breakfast table at Dulles Westin a couple of weekends ago.  

Now, now...it was not stolen.  He simply allocated a guest services item and relocated it to a more convenient location.  

20 hours ago, Pam said:

Jaleo Disney Springs

• 36 to 48-month cured ham from the legendary free range, acorn-fed, black-footed ibérico pigs of Spain Hand carved tableside
  • (D.O. Idiazábal, Basque Country and Navarra) A smoked, nutty-flavored sheep's milk cheese paired with quince paste
  • (D.O. Asturias) A bold and spicy raw cow's milk cheese with pimentón, paired with almonds and bitter orange jam
  • (D.O. Asturias) An intensely flavored blue cheese of cow and sheep milk paired with raisins and Pedro Ximénez compressed pears
  • Chuletón de buey a la parilla Grilled, 45-day aged prime certified Angus beef ribeye served with piquillo confit 
  • Quesada Asturiana Basque-style cheesecake made with goat cheese, with seasonal sorbet

Yes, please.

22 hours ago, Pam said:

Jaleo Disney Springs

I have been wanting to go to his restaurant in LV for a few years now but never made it.  My brother went a couple of months ago and said it was amazing...bastard!

Next trip I am making it a priority.

24 minutes ago, IndyPoolPlayer said:

You do realize this is in Whorelando.

Every 2-3 years I am forced to choose between going to Whorelando and finding another job.

Historically, I've chosen Whorelando.  But it's never an easy decision.

25 minutes ago, cv91915 said:

Every 2-3 years I am forced to choose between going to Whorelando and finding another job.

Historically, I've chosen Whorelando.  But it's never an easy decision.

There are 3 or 4 other locations as well.  And really, anything by Jose Andres is worth Orlando.

CV - that was off our bill.  OMG.  so so so so so good.  

New bucket list item for me is his DC restaurant where he picks what you eat 😂

Last night was Thai green curry. Base for said dish was a Thai green curry sauce I got from Williams Sonoma. It actually has some heat to it.