The Dining and Food Thread

Tuesday night on my flight into San Diego I sat next to a really insecure 27 year old who was bragging that all of his food arrives at his door in the form of meals delivered by GrubHub or groceries from Whole Foods.

A little bit later he showed me his new Bose headphones (his second set), and then said that he had just purchased two new iPhones.

this was before we left the gate.

Then, shortly after takeoff he told me that he works at Home Depot, and then he showed me pictures on his iPhone of his boyfriend posing naked at Black's Beach. There were several shots.

When guys completely shave down there, their stuff looks like raw chicken parts.

Manscaping does not mean complete defoliation

ETA - how did we get to manscaping on a food thread? Was the "chicken parts" reference supposed to keep it on topic?

Edited by JeffeVerde

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For the old school folks, that symbol would be known as a "pound sign", therefore that would be 60 pounds.   Of course anyone born after 2000 thinks that he said "60 hashtag" and that the ha

For all you medium well and beyond people, please do us a favor and stick to chicken and pork, or just go vegetarian.  Don't waste our precious steak, lamb, duck and other wonderful game meats by cook

Well. I cheat.   I have an old friend that raises a few bison and we worked out a deal. In exchange for shipping me 25 pounds of bison and 15 pounds elk each fall (if he gets one) I ship him se

Posted Images

Tuesday night on my flight into San Diego I sat next to a really insecure 27 year old who was bragging that all of his food arrives at his door in the form of meals delivered by GrubHub or groceries from Whole Foods.

A little bit later he showed me his new Bose headphones (his second set), and then said that he had just purchased two new iPhones.

this was before we left the gate.

Then, shortly after takeoff he told me that he works at Home Depot, and then he showed me pictures on his iPhone of his boyfriend posing naked at Black's Beach. There were several shots.

When guys completely shave down there, their stuff looks like raw chicken parts.

Manscaping does not mean complete defoliation

ETA - how did we get to manscaping on a food thread? Was the "chicken parts" reference supposed to keep it on topic?

Read the first paragraph of my post.

Besides, God forbid one of my threads in GDF veers off topic. :lol:

Then, shortly after takeoff he told me that he works at Home Depot

Food from Whole Paycheck, two iPhones, two Bose headphones, works at Home Depot. Sounds like the perfect profile of a MFer.

Then, shortly after takeoff he told me that he works at Home Depot

Food from Whole Paycheck, two iPhones, two Bose headphones, works at Home Depot. Sounds like the perfect profile of a MFer.

Sounds like a typical young guy. Talking about a bunch of crap trying to impress someone he wants to bang. :D

I met a friend for brunch today at Tom Ham's Lighthouse.

I think I'm officially done with buffets.

I guess $48 per person might have been reasonable if I had been in the mood to get blackout drunk on cheap champagne on the patio while roasting in 88-degree heat at 11 a.m. on a Sunday.

F*ing hot here today...

At least the view was nice.

I'm meeting a friend for dinner tonight at The Crack Shack near the airport before I catch my redeye to MIA.

That Señor Croque looks pretty epic.

370d5cacfd2e38a39033c9ac8036c8dd.jpg

TAD drove down from Ventura County, where he is working for a month, to SD for the weekend.

Mom joined us at the Crack Shack for lunch yesterday and ordered this. She was enraptured.

Edited by cv91915

I'm meeting a friend for dinner tonight at The Crack Shack near the airport before I catch my redeye to MIA.

TAD drove down from Ventura County, where he is working for a month, to SD for the weekend.

Mom joined us at the Crack Shack for lunch yesterday and ordered this. She was enraptured.

Knife and fork, or did she just dive in? Props to mom if no cutlery as involved :)

Knife and fork, or did she just dive in? Props to mom if no cutlery as involved :)

No silverware involved. It comes with a sturdy paper wrapper around half of it, which helps...

Brunch buffet prices are pretty whacky nowadays. Those $18 buffet/all you can drink champagne that gives you heartburn deals are gone. Or at least gone from anywhere you don't risk botulism.

More than anything I'm over the style of eating.

I'll gladly pay the going rate for an outstanding brunch ordered from a menu and served to me at a table.

Food that stays warm under a heat lamp or over a can of Sterno reminds me of being captive at a business function in a hotel ballroom, which isn't my idea of a relaxing Sunday morning.

Brunch buffet prices are pretty whacky nowadays. Those $18 buffet/all you can drink champagne that gives you heartburn deals are gone. Or at least gone from anywhere you don't risk botulism.

More than anything I'm over the style of eating.

I'll gladly pay the going rate for an outstanding brunch ordered from a menu and served to me at a table.

Food that stays warm under a heat lamp or over a can of Sterno reminds me of being captive at a business function in a hotel ballroom, which isn't my idea of a relaxing Sunday morning.

Some of my best recent brunches and buffets have been at Accor properties in Asia. Cooking stations mixed with traditional buffets.

The Sofitel Manila Bay has an extraordinary buffet. As does the Sofitel Guangzhou Sunrich. Breakfast, Brunch and Dinner. The Sofitel Manila Bay has an entire charcuterie and cheese room mixed in to their setup.

Edited by Konrad2012

After eating some greasy, fried goodness at the Texas State Fair yesterday, I took my son to one of my favorite Mexican restaurants in the area, El Rincon in Carrollton, TX. If you are in the Dallas area, it is worth stopping by if you are interested in authentic Mexican food that is a little bit above the standard fare. I had Salmon Pastor and the tequila of the day was Don Julio 1942. They have an exceptional tequila selection including one of my favorites, Clase Azul Anejo.

Funny thing is my son only drinks water. :lol:

That can wash down fried butter today. :rofl:

After eating some greasy, fried goodness at the Texas State Fair yesterday, I took my son to one of my favorite Mexican restaurants in the area, El Rincon in Carrollton, TX. If you are in the Dallas area, it is worth stopping by if you are interested in authentic Mexican food that is a little bit above the standard fare. I had Salmon Pastor and the tequila of the day was Don Julio 1942. They have an exceptional tequila selection including one of my favorites, Clase Azul Anejo.

The fish was a good move after the fried butter. :good:

I'm finding humor in authentic Mexican food where Salmon is the protein.

I'm finding humor in authentic Mexican food where Salmon is the protein.

Authentic does not mean that it has to be caught there. Ive eaten salmon plenty of times in Mexico prepared traditional ways.

• 2 weeks later...